Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eivind,
    I wish I had more time to playtest.
    Some of the comments are hilarious in this thread, looks like a blast when I get more time.
    You have made peace with the evil Wheredehekowi tribe-we demand you tell us if they are a tribe that is playing this scenario.
    We also agree not to crush you, if you teach us the tech of warp drive and mental telepathy and give 10 trinkets

Comment

Regarding crash; only a couple of clues...
      1) MGE is installed. 2) I've had a game crash in a scenario I am working on when a barbarian unit captures a human controlled city, but this error seems to fix itself then reappear; I've been assuming it was a bug in the game. 3) scenario works on some people's computers, but crashes on others; what's the difference? 4) I have MGE vanilla, is this a difference? 5) Scenario wouldn't load at all on one computer for me (an unpredictable, public machine) , and loaded, then crashed, then wouldn't relode at all after the first crash, on another machine.

Anyway, hope it is solvable. Obviously amazing work.

Oh yeah, recommend shortening the police chiefs title so that it fits comfortably in the foreign advisor box.

Good luck with the Alpha!
      Ants. An MGE scenario
      http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?file=57835_ant.zip

Comment

@biru biru:
        Thank you biru biru.

I can't help you with this problem I'm afraid, as I have no idea what may cause it. It seems that every time someone is posting their scenario, someone is having technical problems. Luckily it works with the great majority so I have already gotten some feedback here and at CDG.

What you could try to do, is to rename the *.scn to *.sav, open the save regularly to see if it works. If it does, run DELEVENT on it and load again. If this doesn't work, I absolutely no idea how to help you.

Good luck!

@all:
        I'll let the beta be online for another week or so, then I'll release this thing based on comments and suggestions. So, if you have any more on your heart, this is the time to com forward.
        Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

Cheers mate; scenario is working now. Apparently a random bug.

Been playing for about three days. Straight. Anyway, gots sum straight talk back from da boyz.

I'm at about October '45. Couple of advances due mostly to loot making it to downtown. It's definitely got that 'play another turn' flava. Also does great job of capturing the feel of the era and political mores.

Recommend the following:

-Restore basic diplomacy functions. Alliances, demanding punks out of my neighborhood, and even a little shakedown belong in this game. At the moment, it is up to the AI to start negotiations.

-Coppers in my game controlled most of the city within 3 turns. Not bad, if intended, but, damn.

-Restore basic spy and diplomat functions, if reasonable. Can't even investigate a city at the moment. Also, no difference between a cheap lawyer and an expensive consiglieri that I can tell.

-FBI agents could be a little tougher. Also, hitmen, who afterall are earned through research, and end up costing the same as thompson units but aren't quite as cool. crowbar thugs cost the same as bodyguards for no obvious reason.

-cars don't seem to get much better, although I haven't seen the armored FBI cars come out yet...

Anyway, cheers man, and thanks for the great scenario. Have enjoyed it so far very much.

Superbeola!
          Ants. An MGE scenario

Comment

Eivind any sounds yet?

I looked at La Belle Epoque v.3 - awesome work dude
            I enjoy your historical accuracy and flair in scenario making very much sir.
            Last edited by beingofone; May 26, 2005, 06:52.
            You have made peace with the evil Wheredehekowi tribe-we demand you tell us if they are a tribe that is playing this scenario.
            We also agree not to crush you, if you teach us the tech of warp drive and mental telepathy and give 10 trinkets

Comment

Originally posted by biru biru
              Cheers mate; scenario is working now. Apparently a random bug.

I'm at about October '45. Couple of advances due mostly to loot making it to downtown. It's definitely got that 'play another turn' flava. Also does great job of capturing the feel of the era and political mores.
              Glad to hear to that you got it working and that you like it!

Recommend the following:

-Restore basic diplomacy functions. Alliances, demanding punks out of my neighborhood, and even a little shakedown belong in this game. At the moment, it is up to the AI to start negotiations.
              I don't understand, all of this is already enabled.

-Coppers in my game controlled most of the city within 3 turns. Not bad, if intended, but, damn.
              I've thought of that as well, reduce the police strenth.

-Restore basic spy and diplomat functions, if reasonable. Can't even investigate a city at the moment. Also, no difference between a cheap lawyer and an expensive consiglieri that I can tell.
              The difference is that a lawyer is a diplomat and the consiglieri a spy. The diplomat will automatically be erdaicated after use, while the consiglieri will run back home.

-FBI agents could be a little tougher. Also, hitmen, who afterall are earned through research, and end up costing the same as thompson units but aren't quite as cool. crowbar thugs cost the same as bodyguards for no obvious reason.
              Ok, I'll look into this!

-cars don't seem to get much better, although I haven't seen the armored FBI cars come out yet...
              They get longer range, basically. But the armoured police cars can't be destroyed with a single molotov cocktail as the regular cars.

Originally posted by biru biru Anyway, cheers man, and thanks for the great scenario. Have enjoyed it so far very much.

Superbeola!
              Thanks for these suggestions, biru biru. Greaty apreciated!

Originally posted by beingofone
              Eivind any sounds yet?

I looked at La Belle Epoque v.3 - awesome work dude
              I enjoy your historical accuracy and flair in scenario making very much sir.
              The sounds have been laying on my computer all the time, but I didn't see any reason to include them in the beta.

And thanks for the compliments!

Comment

what the release timeline for this scenario, I am quite impatient but don't want to spoil my fun by playing the beta
                This is a link to...The Civilization II Scenario League and this is a link to...My Food Blog

Comment

Put a few more hours in...

How did you get the random movement on the moltovs??!!? Very cool.

I'm getting RICO event every turn after first triggered, is this intended? Also, events like 'Russian Mafia competition', 'Rico', etc, are not causing money penalty. I didn't presume to check the events file, just how it's working on my machine.

All cash penalties should be reduced by a factor of 10! Each turn it is neccessary to spend all of that turns income, since you will lose it all when the police sneak attack anyway. By reducing the penaltly of killing an officer to say, 100 big ones, It might be worth risking a savings account.

Still am missing basic foreign diplomacy options, and spies and diplomats are limited to bribery/sabatoge (which makes them identicle?)

Anyway, looking forward to the alpha.
                  Ants. An MGE scenario

Comment

Ok, thank you for this. It shouldn't take hours to correct though. If I hadn't been as lazy as I am, this wold of been out already. I'll seee what I can do this week .

Comment

The scenario is released in alpha! Whohoo!

DOWNLOAD HERE: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...33#post3849786

* Renamed Automobil to AutomobilE
                      * Veteran renamed "Man of Honor"
                      * Renamed whores in the cargo to "unrefuseable offer"
                      * Reduced money bonuses and penalties in general.

* Fixed the intro text.
                      * Gave Commission wonders more distinct name.

* People files changed to the best available.
                      * Fixed obsolete wonders.
                      * Coney Island acceccable by car.
                      * Put units in Eastchester and Bartow.
                      * Fixed the difference between Crowbar thugs and bodyguards.
                      * All police units less attack. Prove more effective, balance wise. The police don't take over the city just like that anymore.
                      * FBI officers have the ability to "storm buildings" (paradrop, range 4)

These are the most noticeable changes, but others were made as well. Thank everyone for reporting back. Now go download the finished version and enjoy!

Cheers!
                      Last edited by Eivind IV; June 9, 2005, 19:08.

Comment

Working...
                      X