No announcement yet.

The Civ 2 Source Code Petition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about trying one last approach at Brian Reynolds himself, asking him who may be in control of the codes he made?
    Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

• How would we do that? Presenting this at the Convention is off limits.

On another note, I'm thinking of de-topping this thread and indexing it in the Great Library O' Threads. How would everyone feel about that?

Comment

• I have some ideas on how to contact him, but it's a little rudely. But hey, don't we want this code badly? After all, it's his design, and he should know who now owns his codes. A well formulated mail or email, maybe with some references to respected fan sites such as Apolyton, might just get throught the eye of the needle and be taken seriously. For this glorious (yes, glorious! ) cause I'd do it myself, but English is not my mother tongue, so I would need some help if that be the case.

I'm not sure if this is appropritate, but while browsing the net for Brian Reynolds, I came across this: http://www.bighugegames.com/about/index.html

As far as I can tell this is the closest I know of getting to him. It's the web site of the company (Big Huge Games) Brian Reynolds is currently working as President (At the moment with games such as Rise of Nations). Maybe we could be cheeky enough as to send our petition to them, addressed to Brian Reynolds, or at least tell them our objective and politely ask for an email or something to Mr. Reynolds himself?

Or even better, here's Reynold's fax number and work address (top right corner): http://www.bighugegames.com/team/brianreynolds.html

In my opinion it's worth a try. If we're lucky, he might be charmed by this fan initiative of one of the first games he made.

What say ye?
        Last edited by Eivind IV; February 1, 2006, 16:38.

Comment

• Go for it. If you need help I'll proofread.

Comment

• Ok, so how formal should it be? Mail or Fax?

Comment

• Mail. Faxes are garbage.

Comment

• Eivind, any news?

I'm going to detop this thread in a day or two unless there is some vehement opposition. It's listed in the Great Library under Community.

Comment

• De-Topped. The link can be found in the Great Library.

Comment

• Any progress here?

Comment

• I've written the letter. Only lazyness has kept me from mailing it. Will do soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kassian
                        Any progress here?
                        Salut, Kassian! (Sephiroth hier)
                        Deutscher Meister 2004: WERDER BREMEN

Comment

• Ok, how about this? Why not just mail the petition letter as it is, and just change it to Mr. Reynolds? It's muhc better formulated than what I have come up with.

Comment

• Make a film/documentry about your quest to find the source code... even if you don't get it, the recognition of your mission will be noted world wide!
                            "bear yourselves as Huns of Attila"
                            -Kaiser Willhem II

Comment

• Originally posted by Eivind IV
                              Ok, how about this? Why not just mail the petition letter as it is, and just change it to Mr. Reynolds? It's muhc better formulated than what I have come up with.
                              Sounds good

Comment

• Originally posted by Willhelm II
                                Make a film/documentry about your quest to find the source code... even if you don't get it, the recognition of your mission will be noted world wide!
                                Make it in black and white with subtitles.

Comment

Working...
                                X