X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

me to

martin76

edit: removed e-mail
    Last edited by martin76; August 3, 2008, 01:28.
    I'm not drunk, I'm special

Comment

Interesting article on Sid Meier's stance on open source.

Late in September we gave you the chance to put your questions to eminent game designer Sid Meier, the man behind the Civilization series. Creator of a series that has squandered the spare time of many a reader of this site, he took time out of the Civ IV release window to hand us back some thoughtf...

Comment

I see I'm too late to sign up. Any idea how the petition has been received by the source code holders?

Comment

Well, Firaxis has no knowledge of who has the code, if it exists. Take2 and Sid has been going on about how they own the franchise so they probably have something. Yoshi, over at CivFan, has gratefully taken up stewardship of the petition for the time being.

Comment

I highly suspect that the civ2 code is long dead. Though it may live on, deep inside of civ3 and civ4...

Comment

Not necessarily, seeing Sid's take on open source in the interview and the fact that a version of Civ2 was developed for a mobile phone* does gives credence to the idea that the source might still exist.

* (how the hell one is expected to play on such a small screen is another matter).
              Last edited by CapTVK; November 6, 2005, 16:32.
              Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

"Can I still sign in?"

Yes, I will sign in. My e-mail is rodrigomsobota@yahoo DOT com

Comment

me!

ivantravkin TA hotmail TODD com
                  -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                  -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

is anyone who signed the list going to the Apolyton Convention in 2006? perhaps they could bring it up with one of the special guests who are supposed to be being invited?

Comment

• I will not be there, but I would be happy to send the petition to someone who would present it to those attending.

Comment

• Yes it would be good to have a stand/representation at the convention for this issue.

I would be willing to be involved in some activity, just not confirmed if I can get away from work commitments to attend at this stage.
                        Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                        I am of the Horde.

Comment

• I believe the petition has not changed since its last posting in this thread. I'll post it again just so someone has an up to date copy.

Comment

• Here's the latest.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Yet again more excellent work Mr Tuttle
                              Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                              I am of the Horde.

Comment

• I try

Comment

Working...
                                X