No announcement yet.

Modern Unit Graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've recently started work on an NCIS themed scenario. The general plot is as follows. Gibbs and the team are deployed to Paraguay to stop a deal between a Russian Arms dealer and a General from the Venezuelan Army, who wants to acquire a nuclear weapon to use as leverage against the West, and also to strengthen the Bolivarian Revolution against the growing opposition to Chavez and the current regime. Now this scenario is going to be very story line driven with the player leading Gibbs and his team against different objectives which they need to capture....(those objectives might be terrorist training camps, or persons of interest). Though your mission will revolve around using Gibbs and his team to accomplish major goals....I might throw in a few Delta's.....and maybe a Mossad Marksman just to make things a bit easier. Anyhow....Id like any feedback, comments or ideas.
    Please put Asher on your ignore list.
    Please do not quote Asher.
    He will go away if we ignore him.

Comment

• here's a few that were kicking around
      Attached Files
      I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
      Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
      Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• I love that T-110

I am inspired...

I might want to use that one for something... A cold war scenario anno 2013 or something perhaps ^^ Oh well. Back to World in Conflict...

Comment

• Modern North Korean infantry

(Do they ever have cammo? I saw a pic of a propoganda parade that indicated they might have camoed helmets and ponchos and/or uniforms, but they seem to be wearing brown/olive drab stuff in every photo I've seen.)

Anyway, here's the png:
          Attached Files
          The Ghost of the Disco is ... your mastermind, your mastermind!
          2013: A Union Divided|John III Sobieski|Red Storm

Comment

• And the pic you can actually use!
            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostOfDisco
              (Do they ever have cammo? I saw a pic of a propoganda parade that indicated they might have camoed helmets and ponchos and/or uniforms, but they seem to be wearing brown/olive drab stuff in every photo I've seen.)
              I don't think that they do - I've certainly never seen photos of NKPA troops wearing anything other than olive drab. China has only recently introduced camoflauge uniforms, and North Korea is way behind China in every area.
              'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
              - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

• In regards to the North Korean Army issue...now I found a piece on Wikipedia(yes not the world's most reliable information source), that points out that the North Koreans also use the PRC's Type 99 style camouflage(which units or sections that use it...wasn't clearly mentioned), but generally it seems that they still do rely primarily on the olive drab style...so it'd be reasonable to assume that only either the NK airborne or regiments actively employed in higher skill occupations(outside of standard combat arms trades...ie:infantry, artillery, armored...etc) would be issued any form of camouflage.

Comment

• Looking at some of my reference pics, I realized the second guy's hat had to be revised.

Here the revised png:
                  Attached Files

Comment

• And the bmp!
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Alright, here's a compilation of the Royal Canadian Army(circa 1950's) in Battle Dress, and the Tropical Khaki Drill Dress.

Comment

• Here we have a set of sailors from the Royal Canadian Navy(RCN), circa 1950's. The sailor on the right, wears "Battle Dress"(Naval) worn by shore parties.

Comment

• bc1871, I've been noticing that you haven't been including people's signatures in your units. That's not a good idea, as it makes it look like you're trying to pass these units off as entirely your own original work or something.

I know there's been some debate (at least in the past) about how many sigs you should keep in a unit pic, but my general rule of thumb is that if you incorporate part of another unit's graphics in your pic, you should include all the signatures in that graphic from the borrowed pic in yours. A good example is my CNA infantry graphics posted below (from my 2013: A Union Divided scenario) which were compiled from units in Typhoon's Modern Infantry unit collection (see earlier in this thread) and Hans99's Bundeswehr unit collection (ditto).

Not trying to bash you or anything, just offering some constructive and necessary advice...
                          Attached Files

Comment

• I disagree. Having multiple signatures on a unit is unnecessary, and in my opinion, silly. The original intent of including the signatures was to acknowledge the use of someone else's original work in it's entierty.

If you've modified someone's work, but a substantial portion of the original art is retained, by all means include his/her sig along with your own. But adding multiple sigs because an arm or a leg or a weapon is borrowed from one or more other units is quite pointless.
                            Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

• I agree - We are all colleagues here, and I think we can forgive a bit of cut and paste.

The sentiments behind using loads of sigs is good, but these days I leave no sigs.

I just say thanks somewhere on the units file with a little text message.

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                              http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Here's an MGE version of the Cuban T-72 (That I might use in my 2013 scenario):
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X