No announcement yet.

Modern Unit Graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Middle tank is by Catfish and fairline.

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
    http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

• @ Curt

Yeah, but i did save em under Jimstanks.gif?!?, but that was a while ago.

attached German Policeman with leather Jacket.

Greets
      Attached Files

Comment

• @ Ghost

Finally found Curt's JXX in the unit set from "crisis of the new world order"

attached JXX.gif

Greets
        Attached Files

Comment

• attached Riotcontrol.gif

So then, wish a happy new year

Greets
          Attached Files

Comment

• I was thinking something more along the lines of this wind tunnel model, which might look like something like this, or this, but then, graphics aren't the most important aspect of a scenario (though they do help! )

Anyone want a crack at it?
            The Ghost of the Disco is ... your mastermind, your mastermind!
            2013: A Union Divided|John III Sobieski|Red Storm

Comment

• Attached JXX-2.gif

Hmmm, also a little bit out of shape, but i will think this one will do the job, altough i am not happy with the bumps on her back.

Greets
              Attached Files

Comment

• Attached BWInfComp.gif

Well, tomorrow's end of winterbreak, and no snow till now...

Let me give a few explanations of the german unit names, for those that do not know it

Fallschirmjaeger - Paratrooper
                Gebirgsjaeger - Mountain Inf.
                Fernspaeher - ( Farscouts ) maybe Ranger Scouts
                Jaeger - ( Hunters ) maybe Rangers
                PzGrenadiere - Mech. Inf.
                KSK - ( Commando Special Forces )
                Pioniere - Engineers
                Lw Sicherung - Air Force Covering Party
                Kampfschwimmer - ( Battleswimmers ) Assaultdivers
                Mr Sicherung - Marine Covering Party
                Heer - Army
                Pz Truppe - Armor Troopers ( Just Crew )
                Feldjäger - ( Fieldhunter ) Military Police

BGS (Bundesgrenzschutz) - Federal Border Guard
                Heimatschutz - ( Home Guard ) -> National Guard

So long...
                Attached Files

Comment

• Nice!
                  Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

• That is an excellent compilation...

*saved*
                    http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                    http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Very good

What are 'KSK' and fernspaeher BTW? Special forces?
                      http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

• Wow, a lot of work!

The KSK is modelled on the SAS. The Fernspäher company is a Long Range Surveillance unit.
                        Both are part of the Division Spezielle Operationen (literally Division Special Operations).

Comment

• Well, if anyone needs units for a modern-day military-based German scenario...

Just one question... why are the medics armed? And with full-length assault rifles nonetheless?

Excellent work, Hans99!
                          The Ghost of the Disco is ... your mastermind, your mastermind!
                          2013: A Union Divided|John III Sobieski|Red Storm

Comment

• @ Ghost of Disco

yeah, but our medic's also learn to shoot the G36 ( Altough they have a high women rate ), they just seldom use it. But you're right, in reality a medic seldom is as heavy armed ( except e.g. Foreign missions )

The Unit was made for kind'a Afghanistan scenario, and meant to be sort of alarmed unit, like e.g. night Raid at camp, everyone grabs weapons and defends and so on.

But i think i will made another set of lightly armed medics ( Maybe even this Half life "Team Fortress" medic, boy i hated that guy, when he always ran around and poisoned me, with his pack, oh yeah, give me the pack, gnnnn, eat this you little *'§"$% )

We had a joke in the Army: How dou you recognize a stupid soldier?

He wears a lightblue Biretta ( As German medics wear it ),

ok, bad joke

Ya still loking for a Merc, i'll give it a shot at weekend.

Greets

Comment

• Vietnam

Afternoon

I need some help. A few years ago I began building a Vietnam war scenario. I thought I had some good (new) ideas but eventually I ran out of steam.
                              At the moment I am quite busy building a Rome scn but I like to have a few other little projects on the side to keep the creative juices flowing! My intention is to go back to the Vietnam scenario soonish and finish it off on a much bigger map, with more up to date units and with the experience I now have
                              What I need are some good up to date infantry graphics. Aircraft and vehicles are pretty much covered already but Vietnam era Infantry is a bit thin on the ground. I have included some of the original units I was using (top row) and some examples of the type of thing I am looking for on the bottom row.
                              I don't want freshly pressed fatugues. What I realy need are units that look combat worn, NVA covered in jungle camo, US marines with ear necklaces and black pygama clad Cong! Also I love Fairlines Mortar, if someone could make US and NVA mods that would be soupey!

As I said there is no rush at all here, not going to start for a month or two but it doesn't hurt to get a head start.

Thanks.

I have included a link to a thread on that other site that explains a bit about the scenario concept if anyone is interested. Link: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=200159

May even make it on ToT as I have to start map again anyway!
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by McMonkey; January 12, 2007, 14:02.
                              SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                              SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
                              SL INFORMATION THREAD
                              CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

• I had made a Vietnam scenario sometime ago for MGE. I'll post it here if it will help. The units are a bit dated, and the map's a bit small, but it should indicate the direction I was going in.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X