No announcement yet.

WW2 Unit Graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am imagining 'Alliance' general Patton as Admiral Ackbar just now...!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
    http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Just a quick recolour of fairline's Spitfire- Fleet Air Arm Seafire F.47 of the Korean War.

Updated.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by typhoon; April 28, 2009, 21:15.

Comment

• Nice Typhie Weren't F.47's bubble-canopy versions btw?
        http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

• Originally posted by fairline View Post
          Nice Typhie Weren't F.47's bubble-canopy versions btw?
          I was hoping no one would notice that, along with the glaringly obvious lack of Griffin engine cowling bumps

Comment

• Tried to draw an Italian L.40. Not entirely happy with it. For the most time used Fairlines models as basis. Just noticed I haven't added my own signature, but that's not important, ^^

Click image for larger version

Name:	L40.bmp
Views:	1
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	9085409

"The Italians were ahead of tactical thinking in one aspect of the armored vehicle production, when they developed one of the first tank destroyers in the late 1930s. This thinking proved useful when it was realized that their light tanks were of little combat value in Africa in 1941. The chassis of the Semovente M40 was fitted with the Böhler 47mm gun, one of the hardest hitting anti-tank weapons of its day. Around 280 of the tank destroyer vehicles were produced, and they fared adequately against Allied armor from 1942 and onwards. Pressed into service by the Germans after the Italian surrender in 1943, the vehicle was unsuited for much of the Italian terrain and saw little action. Many had their armament removed and were converted into mobile command posts."

-Armoured Fighting Vehicles, Philip Trewhitt

Country of Origin; Italy
            Crew: 2
            Weight: 6500kg
            Range: 200km (124 miles)
            Armor: 6-42mm (0.23-1.65in)
            Armament: One Böhler 47mm gun, sometimes one 8mm Breda modelo 38 mg.
            Powerplant: One SPA 14D four-cylinder petrol engine (68hp)
            Maximum Road Speed: 42.3 km/h (26.3mph)

Comment

• And I just found out I had based it on the wrong chassis. It should have been the chassis of the L6/40, not the M13/40, so here is the second and correct hull.

Name:	L40-true.bmp
ID:	9085411

Comment

• Nice mod!
                Last edited by McMonkey; June 8, 2009, 10:23.
                SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
                SL INFORMATION THREAD
                CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

• Thank you

I was wondering, does any good units of the Panhard 178 Scout Car exist? Or the less known Laffly 80 AM? Trying to get my hands on a 1939-1940 French Recon. Some medium tank as well could be nice. Does anyone have a nice Somua S-35?

On a sidenote, the Italian Autoblinda 41 is also a nice vehicle. Few French and Italian vehicles around...

Comment

• I can't recall seing any of the Recon vehicles mentioned. I would like to see a Somua S-35. Good tank for its day. I would definitely use it for Rise of the Dictators as a replacement for the Char B-1 from 1940 onwards if someone was to make it Here is the one I saw at Bovington Tank Museum:
                    Attached Files
                    SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                    SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

• Well..

I tried my hand at modifying and editing my way to a Somua S-35. It is not a good job, but it does look like one... I hope...

Name:	SomuaS-35.bmp
ID:	9085480

As for the two Scout cars.

The Panhard 178

The Laffly 80 AM

Comment

• I think its a very good job! Where did you get the hull and turret from?

The turret looks ever so slightly lighter than the hull but not enough to be a problem. If there was some way to slightly darken the turret with a Paintshop type program then it would be spot on (I still use MS Paint, shame on me!).
                        Also, some things that show up against a pink background look fine in game. I am adding this unit to Rise of the Dictators now.
                        SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                        SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

• Fairline's R 35 Light tank made the foundation for the chassis. Basically the tracks is R 35 and the rear engine section is from the Char B-1. It is also the same turret as the R 35, but I redrew the gun. I did add quite a lot of bulk to the tank, mainly to the forward section. Mostly I reused already existing parts and melded them together.

It is as I said a slightly crude conversion and I am certain it can be improved upon by those with more skill and patience

And McMonkey, I still use MS Paint too, so no shame at all I used to use Paint Shop Pro, but that is a long time back. I don't have it anymore.
                          Last edited by torbk; June 11, 2009, 11:14. Reason: A small change in wording.

Comment

• @torbk:

That is some great work...!

I wonder if anyone will make a new Blitzkrieg 1940 scenario?

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                            http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by torbk View Post
                              Mostly I reused already existing parts and melded them together.
                              That's probably how some 1930's tanks were really made
                              SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                              SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

• Hmmm. I decided to remove the graphic I had put here.

The German cartoon soldier I had tried to drawn really.. made me feel bad..

It was perhaps my worst attempt at a unit ever.
                                Last edited by torbk; May 20, 2010, 18:32.

Comment

Working...
                                X