No announcement yet.

WW2 Unit Graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTW - I just finished the new update of D7 - I will post the new zips this weekend...!

Things are far more interesting, with the new unit stats...

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
    http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Some WWII unit mods. They will probably amuse more than impress

L-R Top: US Flamethrower, US Early war Rifleman, Russian Rifleman, West African Rifleman

L-R Middle: Swiss Rifleman, Finnish Jaeger, Polish 10th Mechanized Brigade Trooper, Swedish Infantryman

L-R Bottom: Czech Infantryman, Slovakian Infantryman, Moroccan Infantryman, Turkish Infantryman
      Attached Files
      SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
      SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
      SL INFORMATION THREAD
      CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

• Pretty cool (I take it they're for the Rise of the Dictators scenario, or did you just make them because you wanted to? Or both? )

I especially like the Polish Mechanized Brigade one.
        The Ghost of the Disco is ... your mastermind, your mastermind!
        2013: A Union Divided|John III Sobieski|Red Storm

Comment

• I made them mainly to fill the gaps in the MGE compilations I am getting together. Most of them are very minor mods involving swapping headgear and adding a couple of badges.

The Polish Black Brigade are an interesting one. They wore a black leather trench coat and a WWI style German helmet. I gave him a SMG (meant to be the 9mm Mors) which was starting to be supplied in limited numbers by 1939.

I would like to have included more nations and more units in Rise of the Dictators but unfortunately limited space means that I cannot include all of these creations.
          SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
          SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

• Here's a revised WWII British rifleman.

First the png:
            Attached Files

Comment

• And the bmp:
              Attached Files

Comment

• Something I worked on a little bit yesterday ... WW2 "infantry squad"-type graphics. I'd say they're something between the "army" squads of Dictator 6 and your average, one soldier-per-unit graphic.

And I'm sorry the Waffen SS unit didn't have an MG. I couldn't find a SS guy holding a gun at waist level, and while I know the SS had a reputation for being hardcore, firing an MG-42 like you would a rifle would be a bit much...

The PNG:
                Attached Files

Comment

• And the bmp:
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Nicely put together!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                    http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Some M3/M5 halftracks!

The preview:
                      Attached Files

Comment

• And the BMP:
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Nice mods! I am still trying to put together those compilations for the Scenario League when I get the spare time. It is almost an overwhelming task but I have now started putting all the units I can find onto giant bitmap images according to eras. After that the task of moving them around into a logical order should be much easier. Just thought I would mention this project was still trundling forward as there are still so many quality units and mods coming out
                          SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                          SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostOfDisco
                            Something I worked on a little bit yesterday ... WW2 "infantry squad"-type graphics. I'd say they're something between the "army" squads of Dictator 6 and your average, one soldier-per-unit graphic.

And I'm sorry the Waffen SS unit didn't have an MG. I couldn't find a SS guy holding a gun at waist level, and while I know the SS had a reputation for being hardcore, firing an MG-42 like you would a rifle would be a bit much...

The PNG:
                            Looking good! It would be very cool to use these for, say, a Market Garden or Battle of the Bulge scenario.

Comment

• Have any of you some units more in these categories:

-Ships
                              -Italian, French, and minor countries' vehicles and aircraft
                              -Transport trucks

Thank you.

-LaMarseillaise

Comment

• I know this isn't strictly a historical World War 2 unit, but anyone here willing to modify an AT-AT into an Axis Mammoth Walker? Its probably somewhat smaller than an Imperial Walker, and it appears to have a larger "head" construction compared to its body. It might make for one of the most... erh.. fantastical World War 2 units ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X