No announcement yet.

WW2 Unit Graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just hoping that Gareth can be convinced to open up a thread for Red Front ToT some time in the future. Even if he only feels comfertable with posting afew of his newest units it would still be a monumental contribution.... as usual for him .

His new Soviet and German infantry graphics are simply groundbreaking!

Comment

Macchi MC 202 Folgore

Here's the Macchi MC 202 Folgore; the most produced italian fighter during WW2
      Attached Files

Comment

the empire of japan's fleet,
        many of which still use the good old fasioned grey decks and retain the classic nemo style while others are skipper style,
        Attached Files
        I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
        Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
        Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

I like the Akagi/Kaga

Comment

i took a russian plane by fairline, nemo and steph and modified it to get a USAF P-35
            Attached Files
            I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!

Comment

and i rebuilt my japanese type61 mbt that was built from tanelorn's m-47 to get a new m-24 chaffe
              Attached Files

Comment

Remember! No single unit posts!

Put them in a compilation!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Just thought I would post these. Didn't know if they would lost or not. I have a J7W1, J2M, and a J8M1 with the help or inspiration from Gareth and typhoon's gfx. I might make the J8 bigger though and change the color. What do you guys think?

Edit: on second thought, disregard the J8M1. After seeing it posted I think it needs more work. I will probably edit the picture in the near future.
                  Attached Files
                  "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
                  "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

a cheeseload of units
                    Attached Files

Comment

and my ToT Kikka's
                      built from fairline's me-262
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sarsstock
                        Of course, no debate would be necessary if some of the great code writers on this forum could finally get access to the source code and allow ToT style graphics to exist in the MGE enviroment. I still have faith it will happen soon, possibly in the next year or so.

Whats also surprising is how so many people on this thread jumped on my suggestion as some sort of act of forcing ToT upon players, an interesting thought except nobody, especially me ever suggested it. Sorry N35t0r but that wasn't even close to what I was saying . I was talking about an effort between some designers to show people the advantages that ToT have over MGE, of which there are many. I'm sorry to see that so many respectable forum members misunderstood what I said and took it to mean I was supporting an undemocratic forced conversion to ToT. In any case, arists have to be free to create whatever style they wish of course, and I'd certainly take issue with any forum member who disagreed.
                        I wasn't directly critizising you, but rather expressing my opinion on the matter. I quoted your post because it was far away...
                        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Glad to see that resolved!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                          http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Well whats important is that this is resolved. I hope we need not waste another single post on this matter as it only does a dis-service to the Civ II community. If there is any more to discuss let us do it on our own time and not pollute important undeserving threads like this.

Now to get this train back on the tracks I'd better make this post relevant by adding some WW2 graphics. Now I can't quite claim these fella's as Sarsstock originals, they are however somewhat unique and unlikely to be found elsewhere.

From the great novel (Steph and Tom will vouch for this) Settling Accounts from the "How Few Remain" series we have a dreaded Confederate "Muel" dive bomber, an automatic rifle armed Confederate infantryman with experimental new camoflage and a Confederate heavy bomber as depicted in the cover artwork for the paper back eddition of Settling Accounts, I can't quite remember its name or designation being given.
                            Attached Files

Comment

how will the warships look, are you going to divide the us battleship designs between the two?
                              I.E. North gets Pensylvania and south dakota class while the south gets maryland and iowa classes?

Comment

My god those are gorgeous

Now something that is off topic for the thread but on topic for the last post. How come the south has the Stuka and the B-17? Is that the way it is in the book? (Sorry I haven't gotten to it yet, I am still on the American Empire series. ) I just figured the north would have the german inspired planes and then the south would have something more american or British influenced.

But anyways, those look just freaking amazing man.
                                "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
                                "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

Working...
                                X