Graphics for Freeciv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics for Freeciv

Well, this forum crash isn't going to stop me from making more city graphics.

Next up is the Electric Age, late 19th/early 20th century.

The first city tile is based on the American West, and is named Gold Gulch in honor of that scenario.
    Attached Files
    Visit First Cultural Industries
    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Excellent!

Comment

Good to see you're still going strong despite the ufortunate forum incident

btw, I've used "Smiley" for the credits so far. Is this fine with you?

Just let me know if you want any additional info in the credits and I'll add it right away.
      We are the apt, you will be packaged.

Comment

Forumcrash or not, nothing is going to stop us at this point. Besides the archives and forumcache we've all got personal backups so there's no major damage done.

Onwards!
        Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

What's this tileset going to be called?

Ladies and Gentlemen,

The time has come to come up with an official name for this project. At the start, about 6 months ago, I called it the Apolyton set in private but it really wasn't a unique tileset at that point. I simply used the isotrident tilespec's and replaced the graphics in that directory. When Freim(Yog-Sothoth) later joined and made a new set of terrain tiles and moved everything into a new tileset with tilespecs it became one in its own right.

Currently the workingtitle for this tileset is called "Freim96". However practical that doesn't have the right ring to it. We're looking for something with panache and which communicates the essence of this project: working together and creating something new.

Now Freim and I had some earlier discussions about this subject but we haven't found a good name yet. Any ideas or suggestions for a good name?
          Last edited by CapTVK; April 15, 2005, 17:22.
          Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Comment

Well, I am by no means supremely hip, but I suggest:
            • Union
            • Commune
            • Labour
            • Forge
            Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Civ "Utopia" tileset
              "I didn't invent these rules, I'm just going to use them against you."

Comment

Hey thanks Smiley.

Comment

Yog: just credit them the way I have on the graphics, Smiley, www.firstcultural.com

as for a name for the tileset, I suggest Default.
                  There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                  Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Very good, smiley!

I can't belive that you actually draw your cities with pencil and paper before making the computer pixels. I noticed that in the old free civ graphics thread as well. Very impressing!
                    Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

64 x 48's of the Biotech Age tiles.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Well it's official, we won't make it in time for 2.0, but there's always 2.1. The best is yet to come folks!

Kudos to all the Freeciv developers and maintainers. It's been a long road.

Freeciv 2.0.0 released!

16 Apr 2005

Freeciv 2.0.0 has been released! To compile it yourself, download the source code:

* ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/pub/freeciv/st...v-2.0.0.tar.gz
                        * ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/pub/freeciv/st...-2.0.0.tar.bz2

Windows binaries for both Windows versions are available at:

* ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/stable...win32-gtk2.exe (XP, 2000, and NT only)
                        * ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/stable....0.0-win32.exe (95 and above)

Note that you can play the same games with them, just the user interface is different.

There is a Mac OS X package at:

* ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/packag...eciv-2.0.0.dmg (Panther + X11)

Ready-to-run binaries for other platforms will be published on more downloads as they are made available.

The look and feel can be customized by additional tilesets; see more downloads.

For a list of new features in Freeciv 2.0, please see the NEWS-beta page. For a list of changes since rc1, see NEWS-rc2.

The Freeciv Maintainers

Comment

And yes, hexes also work. Here you can find the basic hex version

Attached Files

Comment

Downloading atm. Finally I can test it out,. I really wanted to wait for v2.
                            "Peace cannot be kept by force.
                            It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

Yes, 2.0 has taken loooong. There are tons upon tons of changes under the hood. We have several big changes in modpack-ability slated for 2.1, as well as in the general beautification department.

Comment

Working...
                              X