Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what happened to the civ2 scenario creation forum

all those threads aren't lost forever, are they
    I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
    Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
    Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

I bloody hope not - it's one of the most extensive Civ2 archives on the net for scenrio creation.

Utter retards if they have...
    "bear yourselves as Huns of Attila"
    -Kaiser Willhem II

Comment

What the hell??

Anyone know what happened?
      Last edited by Leonidas; April 14, 2005, 10:53.

Comment

Something definitely happened.

I used to be King, now I'm Prince.

Erika - you are back to Settler...

Last edited by Leonidas; April 14, 2005, 11:04.

Comment

A human error has occured in this regard. Some data has been lost, but some data not. Backups are currently being used to assist in a restoration process that while it will not be able to put the forum back to the way exactly as it was before the accident, we are not looking at a "clean slate" situation. We are hopeful that this restoration can put us back to a point about 3 1/2 to 4 weeks ago. However, this restoration is a painstaking process so please be patient.

The forum has been re-created and moderator positions have been re-instated. For those concerned about post count/status issues, send a support request through Apolyton's ticket system with as much detail as possible. While your post count number may not be able to be restored (i.e. because you are not certain, verification issues), your title can most likely be.

On behalf of the Apolyton CS staff and administration, we apologize for the inconvenience. More information will be disclosed as the clean-up effort continues.

------------
          Dan; Apolyton CS
          PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
          >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Ah here you all are!

Mr Q: any ETA on the SLeague being restored? Are we talking hours / days / weeks?
            http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ
              For those concerned about post count/status issues, send a support request through Apolyton's ticket system with as much detail as possible.
              Can you give us details of exactly how this is done?
              http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

i see no avatars
                mine is still in my control panel,
                and i also need to know how to send as support request,
                i know i was a prince, and i was getting ready to ask if i could have it changed to princess, i wonder if i can get 2 things done at once....
                checking memeber data,
                my current post count is 21
                fairline's is 494
                typhoon's is 17

Curtsibling is 1580
                jim panse is 1191
                this data must be from all over the place in the past, or the post count system is screwy
                or mabe it lost the post count from the civ2 scenario forums, 'cause i only made like 15 posts elsewhere on this site
                we'll eventually pull through,
                Last edited by Broken_Erika; April 14, 2005, 13:10.
                I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!

Comment

Avatars are a matter of server load. When busy avatars are shut off for everyone to ease the load.
                  Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

You still have your avatar, Broken_Erika. Don't worry about it.
                    "Son españoles... los que no pueden ser otra cosa" (Cánovas del Castillo)
                    "España es un problema, Europa su solución" (Ortega y Gasset)
                    The Spanish Civilization Site
                    "Déjate llevar por la complejidad y cabalga sobre ella" - Niessuh, sabio cívico

Comment

Yeah, but I'd recommend against changing it though. I might be out of date but last I knew settlers couldn't have custom avatars, so trying to change it might result in losing it (until you pester somebody about it... like when they fix your title).
                      Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Originally posted by ColdWizard
                        Avatars are a matter of server load. When busy avatars are shut off for everyone to ease the load.
                        thanks for the info, i always wondered why avatars didn't always load,
                        I am going back to Loiter at Evo-Games for a while

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ
                          The forum has been re-created and moderator positions have been re-instated. For those concerned about post count/status issues, send a support request through Apolyton's ticket system with as much detail as possible. While your post count number may not be able to be restored (i.e. because you are not certain, verification issues), your title can most likely be.

------------
                          Dan; Apolyton CS
                          Exactly how is "support request through Apolyton's ticket system" done?

To whom do we send our support request?

And what is the "ticket system"?

Thanks

Comment

I had King status with about 1300 posts.

Since the error I have pushed back to Prince with 980 posts.

Comment

It is important that we all stick with the community and don't give
                              up - We will see the glory of our forum restored, I am sure!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                              http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X