Most units killed in a one attacked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most units killed in a one attacked?

I may have set a new record. Playing Captain Nemo and Alex the Magnificent's wonderful 2194 Days again, this time as Americans.
    AI stacked 45 Zeros on an aircraft carrier (thought I was watching a glitch ) and I took it out . That's 46 units on one hex.

Is that a record?

I think I once destroyed about 98 units in Red Front...
    Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
    Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
    POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
    LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

I killed a Barb spawn point once with over a hundred...

Comment

Braggers welcome

(though we all know that pachyderms and mountaineers are mighty and frightening for their foes)
        Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

A better question might be...how many units have you stacked in one space vulnerable to such a disaster? (And how many did you subsequently lose?)
          Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

That's the kind of mistake you only make once - and all I'll say is that the number was greater than 10 and less than 100... and yes, I lost them all...

Comment

Most I have lost.......about 30

Most I have taken out....

I nuked a city once that Had a fortress inside the radius, total body count was just under 60 units IIRC
              Wizards sixth rule:
              "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
              Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

I used to nuke AI navies a lot - no fallout. IIRC I once destroyed over 40 ships in a shot, that way.

I also nuked a barb spawn point one time and killed 80-something units, but that was a barbarian wrath mod and probably doesn't count.

I don't think I have ever lost more than a dozen or so units in a stack outside a city. However, that's bad enough, especially when they're all parked just under the AI capital's walls...

Come to think of it, I can't remember the most units I lost in an AI nuking... but it was probably about 2 dozen.
                "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

I lost mine as I was preping a "blitzkreig" type attack and made the mistake of not picking a city with SDI defense.

As you can tell the invent of Nukes really messes me up.
                  Wizards sixth rule:
                  "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
                  Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

A barb spawning point, around 100.

Mine, lost about 20 ships mostly vet aeig cruisers.
                    AI launched about 100 cruise missles and finally got lucky. I've survived many more with fewer ships in the past.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

In this one tiny aspect of the game, I'm doing better than the pros; I've never lost a stack of more than about six.

Comment

I was playing a scenario.
                        In most of my games, (unless it's OCC) the AI is not allowed to get much past gunpowder.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well, once I stacked my entire army, which consisted of at least 50 units in one city, and AI was so wise to bribe it
                          "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                          I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                          Middle East!

Comment

Rah, what scenario was that? It seems that unless the AI actually had about 50 cities there'd be no way it would stockpile that many cruise missiles. Of course, we know the AI can fly them multiple turns but to get them timed to hit all in one turn from all those launch points...
                            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

I've seen well over 50 cruise missiles/turn in games where the AI had less than 20 cities. The real test is whether the AI can build (cruise missiles>number of cities) the same turn it discovers Rocketry.
                              "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                              "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Working...
                              X