Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resolved THE PYRAMIDS are better then the GARDENS

for a rabid expander.

On the otherhand, if you are not aiming for ICS, the pyramids are a pain in the neck. In the early game things move along nicely with size 2 cities adding 5 shields per turn to your vans and not growing.

RJM at Sleeper's
    Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

wimp. I like when my maggots turn black. I just stack in the troops. Occasionaly an insta-temple. And then fundy so that I can really butt**** them.

Comment

If you want to take the time to be be super-accurate in your play, Slow Thinker has shown that Pyramids are a tremendous tool to early conquest, allowing a quick buildup and especially the esoteric technique of Xinning with Disorder.

I like HG early and Pyramids late, when I take it from an AI.

Comment

I like it the whole way, dude. It's like having a granary in every city. It's like having 1/2 the food requirements. What's not to like?

Comment

I could never play like Slow, though. Half hour for first move is insane. Somebody needs to get the chess clock going with him.

Comment

Grigor

TCO
              "It's like having a granary in every city."

Really!! I did not know that. By the way, I just learned that water is wet and is especially good when one is thirsty.

Your dig at ST would not be so misplaced if this was the Multiplayer Forum where it might have some relevance. His game referred to above was a real eye-opener; and being that it occurred in an SP comparison game, no one was bothered by how long his turns took. On the other hand, it did give you the opportunity for another +1, which it seems, is very important to you.

What, indeed, is not to like. LaTiDa...

"And then fundy so that I can really butt**** them."
              What unit do you use as the butt****er?? Must be a non-standard unit.

Monk
              so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Originally posted by TCO
                I like it the whole way, dude. It's like having a granary in every city. It's like having 1/2 the food requirements. What's not to like?
                Assuming for a moment that you are serious ...

What's not to like is that your cities grow too fast. Deity creates enough problems with unhapiness without making them worse. You end up having to build military units you don't want or else build temples and colosseums a lot earlier than you would otherwise.

RJM at Sleeper's

Comment

settlers, buddy, settlers. Sure fire way to control the blackies. I never do colliseums.

Comment

Originally posted by TCO
                    settlers, buddy, settlers. Sure fire way to control the blackies. I never do colliseums.
                    But every city building a settler is not building a caravan.

RJM at Sleeper's

Comment

Originally posted by rjmatsleepers

But every city building a settler is not building a caravan.

RJM at Sleeper's
                      a population of more small cities is better than same number of cities in a few cities:

1. growth rate is higher for small cities. (food box smaller)
                      2. Easier to keep happy without entertainers (since martial law, temples, etc. can only hae a limited effect per city. I.e. only 3 warriors, only one temple, etc.)

Comment

If I have the choice between a new city and a caravan, it's a no-brainer.

oh...and 3.

3. Seizes real estate for future growth and denies it to the AI.

Comment

But it takes a lot of cities to match the gold and beakers from a single good van delivery.

RJM at Sleeper's

Comment

I tell you what. You play against me and use your strategy and I'll use mine. Who will win?

Comment

It depends on the winning criteria. I don't think the pyramids have been built in any of the successful early landing games. As far as early conquest is concerned, I'm less interested in this form of the game, but I don't think the pyramids have many advocates for that either. Anyway, if you want to post a save for an early landing comparison game, I'll give it a try. Perhaps there are others who will join in.

RJM at Sleeper's

Comment

Working...
                              X