Unique Techs in ToT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unique Techs in ToT

I've run into an obstacle in my work on my 'Empire of the Rising Sun' scenario. Basically, I've filled out all the numbers and flags on the rules.txt that should restrict research and/or possession of various techs. However, every tech is still available to every player. I know there is a trick to get this unique techs system to 'kick in,' as it were, but I asked years ago on the ToT forum and now it's buried or dropped off there. Can someone who knows this trick please help me?

There are a couple of tips on the Cradle site, here: http://coc.apolyton.net/guides/index.shtml

Basically, unless you have made the changes to the @Civilize2 and @Leaders2 fields before you first launch the scenario, they won't take effect. However, you can change them in the scn file as well, by using a temporary events file. The event is called EnableTechnology, and the tips tell you how to do it.

BTW, the same situation holds true for intermap transport.
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

I got so tired of making mistakes and running corrective events.txt that I started editing my scenario directly in the SciFi directory. As long as I work from SAV files, many changes seem to work without resorting to a delevents/run corrective events cycle. Haven't examined it systematically, though.
      El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Thanks a lot, Techumseh! I really appreciate the help.

Comment

Working...
        X