"Red Lion" for ToT Under construction!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stalin II
    Alrightio, thanks For some reason techmusehs artillery is really appealing.. I have to use it!
    i know! it's the best all-around artillery graphic i know of, all i did to it was recoulour the wheels,
    I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
    Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
    Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

i played with techmuseh's 105mm artillery, here it is
      I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!

Comment

OK - Typhoon - We will entertain your notion that you are not any good...

(but those who see your units will secretly salute your skill and high edit quality!)
        More than I deserve- but thanks anyway...

Tried my hand at applying camouflage to the MBTs of the Scandinavian countries, and as usual it went terribly wrong- think Piccasso without a brush.

Although I've found several good sites about Scandinavian armour as reference (including this one), not all the pictures on each tank are available, and so I've had to take some liberties (the Norwegian ones especially- couldn't find a single picture of a tank, so I'm using the IFV camo).

If any of the resident Scandinavians here (Martin, Mikko, FiGu, Eivind) would be kind enough to confirm the patterns or provide pictures of your respective country's tanks I would be very grateful.

UPDATED: Fixed the Swedish camouflage slightly- don't think I'll be able to get a perfect match though.)

From left to right:

Sweden- Strv 122 (Leo 2A6), Strv 121 (Leo 2A4), Strv 101 (Centurion Mk.10)

Finland- Leopard 2A4, T-72M1, T-55M

Norway- Leopard 2A4NO, Leopard 1A5NO, M48

Denmark- Leopard 2A4, Leopard 1A5-DK, Centurion Mk.2
        Last edited by typhoon; March 1, 2005, 10:46.

Comment

Oh, just like to add that only the last column would be available in the scenario's time frame- those are the tanks confirmed to be in use in 1966. The Strv 101 entered service with Sweden in 1958, the T-55M with Finland in 1966, the M48 with Norway in 1963, and the Centurion with Denmark from 1953 onwards.

Comment

I haven't got the slightest idea about the pattern's accuracy, but they look gorgeous!
            Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
            Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
            POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
            LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

The danish used the M48 too

But those are amazing!! :gjob: The finnish tank pattern is boring so i will use that!

I just have to change the shield, cause the one im using is the red one with the lion in the middle (check the flag in Helsinki in the screenshot of Finland)

Thanks again!
              "[A thoughtful Quote]" -Oscar Wilde

Comment

Thanks everyone.

@ Mikko

I'll get to work on the Danish M48. In the meantime, here are some of the hardware that Norway's NATO allies could send.

(The Challenger, Chieftain, and Leopard 2 are coloured by Catfish. I based the rest of the British and German vehicles on them. The Americans are coloured by me, hence the notable difference in quality. Original graphics of the Leopard 1 and Marder by Steph, the rest by Gareth, thanks be to them.)

UPDATED

From left to right:

USA- M1A1 Abrams, M60A3, M48A3 Patton, M2 Bradley, M113

UK- Challenger 2, Chieftian, Centurion, MCV-80 Warrior, FV-432

West Germany- Leopard 2A3, Leopard 1A5, M48 Patton, Marder, M113
                Last edited by typhoon; March 1, 2005, 01:31.

Comment

You have compleatly surpassed my meager skills in every possible way, outstanding work!

Comment

a zsu-57

Comment

typhoon:

Truly excellent work, sir

Comment

Indeed Typhoon, all of thema re excellent. And I loved to see the Swedish units. I think the camo looks excellent.
                        "Peace cannot be kept by force.
                        It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

Originally posted by Broken_Erika
                          a zsu-57
                          Erika, I would like to see you try some Bitmap units for ToT!

Why not give it a try?

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                          http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

This work is so good, that I wont even try to camo any tanks to avoid an unbalanced looking Units.gif! EXCELLENT!
                            "[A thoughtful Quote]" -Oscar Wilde

Comment

Working...
                            X