Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Convincing the Phyrgians to march on Gordion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by techumseh
    Why it's....hmm, let's see....it's 38X(86-66) which is ...ahh, 38 by 20. Which is 760 square, er, squares! Yes, that's it.

Or, put another way, most of the the bottom third of the map.
    Sweet, I didn't know if large areas could be used. This is good news.

Comment

Ok, new question.

When a MOVETO order/s is created in the events file, I seem to recall seeing someone mention that these orders DO NOT apply to human players.

In other words, any MOVETO orders WILL apply to AIs and barbarians, but whenever a human plays any civ, the MOVETO orders for that civ are simply disregarded, and all other moveto orders remain intact, moving units to other locations.

Is that correct?
      Lost in America.
      "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
      "or a very good liar." --Stefu
      "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

AFAIK, yes. You can still use moveto with your mouse, but otherwise your units will only go where you move them.
        Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Thanks Brian.

I think that this is precisely how the AI wages war.

When a state of war exists, the AI creates a rectangle, one large enough so that it gathers in quite a few units, switches its city builds to the military advisor, and then picks a target city. After that, it just throws the units in the rectangle, and that appear in the rectangle, at the chosen target, until such time as it either takes the city, or decides that it won't be able to, and then either switches targets, or makes peace.

But I have seen situation where the AI is attacking two targets simultaneously, so perhaps there can be more than one rectangle.
          Lost in America.

Comment

Originally posted by Exile
            But I have seen situation where the AI is attacking two targets simultaneously, so perhaps there can be more than one rectangle.
            Very likely, but occasionally when this occurs, I'll bet the AI is simply botching a goto command. How many times have you set a goto command, only to see the unit go somewhere far from your intended destination?
            El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Yep.

I was thinking along those same lines. Another case would be when a unit is outside the rectangle, but blunders into an enemy unit. If its role is attack, it does.

Wish I could think of some way to confirm or deny this. Knowing how the AI does things would go a long way toward making a better scenario.
              Lost in America.

Comment

When you crack that one, I'll nominate you for sainthood! I came across this diagram for what is required to obtain a road bonus in trade routes (see Interesting observations on the effects of roads on trade). IIRC, these same routes are used by the goto command. If not, well it's a pretty picture.
                El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Patiently waiting for Exile to resolve his minor difficulties and pay more attention to my desperate need to look at and play his new scenario.

Man - some people can be so self- absorbed.

You have made peace with the evil Wheredehekowi tribe-we demand you tell us if they are a tribe that is playing this scenario.
                  We also agree not to crush you, if you teach us the tech of warp drive and mental telepathy and give 10 trinkets

Comment

Right now, Gareth has it. He's creating units and testing it. If you'd like to test it, fire a pm. I've gotten suddenly busy with other things, but with testing input, I could fine tune and finish it without too much delay.
                    Lost in America.

Comment

Cool, your scenarios are all
                      You have made peace with the evil Wheredehekowi tribe-we demand you tell us if they are a tribe that is playing this scenario.
                      We also agree not to crush you, if you teach us the tech of warp drive and mental telepathy and give 10 trinkets

Comment

I just got done looking at this one. I don`t want to give away any suprises Exile might have planned so I won`t say to much.

This is gonna be a winner.

Comment

wow, is that one of those 3D pictures Dave? I've been staring at it for 20 minutes and I still don't see anything
                          http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

Lost in America.

Comment

Working...
                            X