Strategy against 4-legged barbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strategy against 4-legged barbs

If I've got writing and I see a couple of 4-legged barbs (horsemen /chariots /elephants and so on), I often disband a warrior (to get some schields in the production box if it's empty) and build a diplo by incremental buying. I often can bribe a barb, capture the barb chief and destroy a 2nd barb. The bribed unit replaces the disbanded unit (->martial law).
    In one of my last games there were two "hot spots", where barbs appeared again and again - and I used this trick again and again and made some good cash.
    The bribed units were sent to nearby cities and disbanded or rehomed.
    Archers and Legions that come from a vessel are fought the following way (if I have city walls and two good defenders in the concerning city). A four-legged unit from a nearby city (or from the attacked city). moves towards the barbs (if the barbs are just inf front of a city, they will attack the city, not the units outside).When the barb archers/legions die, the barb leader moves away form the city - and is caught by my 4-legged unit the next turn. This strategy often works.
    Here a little sketch:

---|xxxxx2
    sea|
    ---|B1
    ---|C

(B=barb C=City 1=4-legged Unit from attacked city
    2=4-legged Unit from nearby city
    x=some terrain)
    There are no silly questions - only silly answers
    <a href="http://www.sethos.gmxhome.de">Strategy Guide</a>

If there is rough terrain I will move a unit from the city in an attempt to capture the king when the barbs are next to the city.

When there is a spawning area. I just usually leave a defensive unit fortified on a mountain between it and my closest city. Stick a 4 legged unit to round up kings and the barbs will destroy themselves. If this is near an AI city. I'll put a diplo in the stack to bribe non units. You can build quite an army of non-units this way to be used when you change governments.

But playing SP, you don't get time to react to initial landings and spawnings.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
    X