WULF and his MARAUDERS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WULF and his MARAUDERS!

This thread has been created in order to focus attention on barbarian behavior and perhaps clarify and explain a few things.

We all know how to create barbarians. Either do it with events or establish the creation of barbarians at the initial setup. We also know how the acquisition of techs change the barbarians. Which ones stop appearing and which ones start appearing.

But their behavior and locations of appearance are not so clearly specified.

I've watched the barbarians behave for a few years now. and have noticed a few things, but other eyes might well have seen things I missed.

In your experience, how DO barbarians behave? Where do they come from? In what parts of the map? How often? I've read that, if barbarians don't encounter anything to fight, they disappear. Is that true?

(On a definitely related note, I'm preparing to launch into another scenario project, the AGE of BRONZE and need to know more about this now, so that adjustments can be made to the MAP if necessary.)
    Lost in America.
    "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
    "or a very good liar." --Stefu
    "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

In my experience the barbs disappear after a few turns if they have nothing to fight. The length of time they stick around depends on the unit. Some fortify, some don't.

Also, I have noticed that they tend to appear at least three or four tiles away from the most outlying city radius on a continent.

Comment

The Strategy Forum has a very useful thread on this under Strategies against Barbarian Attacks. The entire thread, except for a dozen spam posts in the middle, has valuable insights. Covers things like Pirate frequency, effect of tile improvements on Rebel appearance, defense advantages against Barbs, etc.
      El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Hmm... I've seen, particualrly on large maps (or whe playing with the Barbs using CivHack, a long time ago) that barbs also spawn in the middle of nowhere... I've had a trireme spawn in the center of an ocean, at least 15 tiles from the nearest shore.....
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Working...
        X