Stackable Terrain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stackable Terrain?

I am probably very stupid or very blind. I've been reading through many scenarios now trying to find out where to set the terrain to stackable...But I have not yet learnt how Now I've given up my pride and asks you guys for help, how on earth do I make the terrain stackable??
    Tied down for survival

There is a utility out there called civstack, located on Merc's site, http://www.civgaming.net/mercator/ , that will allow you to change all terrain to fortresses. Be careful and backup you files.

Comment

thanks, i will use this for my ww1 scenario in order to simulate trench warfare
      I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
      Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
      Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Originally posted by Broken_Erika
        thanks, i will use this for my ww1 scenario in order to simulate trench warfare
        Um, well the utility will make ALL terrain stackable, I think. You may be better off just doing it by hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Tuttle

Um, well the utility will make ALL terrain stackable, I think. You may be better off just doing it by hand.
          makes combat more realistic, i don't want any stack killings period. I want realistic trench and naval warfare, no battlecruisers taking out a stack of 6 dreadnaughts, 8 battlecruisers and 6 destroyers in my scen.
          I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
          Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
          Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Besides it's far more realistic if the trenches could actually move some =) It would be quite boring if they wouldn't move at all in 4 years :S
            Tied down for survival

Comment

There are two ways to do it; use fortresses or use airbases. With fortresses, unit defense factors must be reduced to counteract the doubling effect. Barbarian units will not move, but "fort up" and land units aboard transports that are sunk are not destroyed - they sit out, sleeping on the ocean until rescued, or destroyed by an enemy air or naval unit.

Airbases also create "stackable" terrain which does not have these drawbacks, but for obvious reasons, only work in scenarios with no air units.

Both can be added with Merc's tool, and you can select whichever terrain types are made stackable, including ocean.
              Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

I'm not sure I undetstood the first thing about the fortresses, do I need to lower the units defens stats in the rules file for it to work properly?? :S I'm probably "our riding a bike" (Swedish phrase)
                Tied down for survival

Comment

No. Units defending on a fortress are doubled on defense, so if you want a given unit to defend worth 4, you have to set it's defense factor at 2.
                  Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

actually, fortresses give a +100% defense bonus, which is added to that of terrain, and it makes the fortify bonus of 50% be ignored.

[edit:]

Which means you can lower the defense bonus of terrains by 1 each and balance your units this way, so that cities are not much weaker than the rest of the map...
                    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Working...
                    X