Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug help for new scenario urgently needed

Hi guys!

Someone pointed out a bug for me in the Blitzkrieg 1936 v.3 that I just released. I had to withdraw it until I can figure out what the problem is. To me it's friggin weird. None of the civ specific regular infantries can be built from start, even though they have the preq tech 'Automatic Rifles'. This has never been a problem before.

The only thing I can think of is that it has something to do with the fanatic slot maybe, which is occupied by the Cavalry unit. But again this is weird as this was not a problem before either, when it was there then as well. And when I did some tests, removing the cav unit, the ifantries still wasn't there.

Nearly all the regular inf divisions are in the extra slots.

Here's the files that I withdrew from the release thread. Consider this the beta files in the mean time: Blitzkrieg 1936 v.3 BETA (attachment removed as problem was solved)

PLEASE HELP ME! I'm desperate...

Look here for the fixed release version! Enjoy
    Last edited by Eivind IV; January 21, 2005, 11:08.
    Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

It could be either the Musketeers or the Knights unit slots...

Lemme take a look.
    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Note: Shamlessly copied from the SLeague site ( sleague.apolyton.net ), the actual article can be found here, and a list of all the design tips is availiable here

The game will not let any nation (computer- or player-controlled) build any unit other than the one in the musketeer slot if it can be built or if a nation controls just one such unit! This affects all ground units wherever they reside in units.txt, and regardless of their scenario roles. It's best to use this slot for units only available to barbarians so the problem does not occur. Note: This is 'version dependent' - in that some versions of Civ2 will allow the 'earlier' slots to be active even though the musketeer slot is open to the building schedule. The bottom line - handle with care.

The computer does a similar analysis with the knight unit slot and all units with movement allowances greater than one (anything from horsemen to crusaders, plus any earlier unit with the same movement allowance). A designer must be careful to have a unit with the lowest defense value here if there are earlier units being built.

My advice when dealing with both slots (in order of preference) is

1. avoid these slots altogether;
      2. use barbarian units;
      3. use naval or air units;
      4. use cruise-missile type units (with low defense values);
      5. use ground units with the lowest defense scores in your scenario;
      6. proceed at your own risk.
      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Thanks nestor. It's definately not the knight slot. What I did yesterday was to move the commandos from where the medium bomber is now (the musketeer slot), and vica verca, to make the commanos have an infantry sound. When I now changed it back, it seems to work, building the infantries that is

Weird...anyway, thanks for the help, it works now
        Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

Hey, no problem, as I can't make scenarios, I might as well put the tons of stuff I've picked up about the game to some use. ^_^
          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Working...
          X