cheat/debug mode fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheat/debug mode fun

What is the strangest thing you have done with the cheat menu, in "La Belle Epoque" i played as russia and used it to fill up russia with rebellious workers and watch as my empire crumbled to the point where i only controlled central siberia, then i shoved rebellious workers everywhere in every country. basicly i started a massive communist revolution.

Here is a pic showing the situation,
    germany controls
    Kovno, Warzawa
    Japan Controls:
    Port Arthur, Vladivostok, Khabarovsk
    The Bolsheviks control
    Odessa, Brest-Litovsk, Kijev, Sevestapol, Vitebsk, Riga, Talinn, Helsinki, Leningrad, Novogorod, Smolensk, and all other cities west of the urals exept vyatka, baku and aleksandrovsk,
    I am also at war with the indipendants, the british, the french, the germans the japanese and the americans,
    should i keep playing
    Attached Files
    I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
    Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
    Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

"What is the strangest thing you have done with the cheat menu ?"

I used it to design a scenario with a built-in "logic gate". I was frustrated that the events system does not allow commands like "If A and B, then do C". There is a way to do it ...not perfect, but I guess it qualifies as strange -

Place a barb tank on a small island and an AI warrior on another one nearby. Then - If A occurs, change an ocean square to land. If B occurs, change another ocean square to land (allowing the tank to get to the warrior). When "tank kills AI warrior" then C occurs.

I could never get other parts of the scenario to work properly though.

Comment

(unless some fool comes along and bribes the Barb Tank away before B happens...)

Comment

The system was not fool-proof, but I made sure the islands were pretty far from the human homeland.

There were times when the tank just did not want to attack, and so on. Designers really have to work hard to make scenarios new, functional and fun. My hat's off to them!

Comment

Originally posted by Peaster
          Designers really have to work hard to make scenarios new, functional and fun. My hat's off to them!

so is mine!

(... but, for some reason, it remains about 2 inches above the top of my head ).
          Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

*sigh* yes events.
            The ONLY thing from civ I that I liked that wasn't in regular Civ II
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
            X