Pointless Mayhem Development thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pointless Mayhem Development thread

I am thinking of making an alternative scenario that takes place in cities and countries, i have no idea exactly what the scenario would be about, im thinking of elements from the game postal 2, units for terrorist, Soccer rioters, terrorists, marching bands w/ elephants, crazy postal workers, street gangs, zombies, aliens and whatever other twisted things that i can come up with,
    I will have The Titanic, Jaws, Killer furbies, Trekkies, and other various things

here are the only units i have ready
    I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
    Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
    Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Hint, this scenario is going to get stranger and stranger and stranger as i work on it, i need various cars, buses, trucks, zombies, cows, and other random things, i have already comed through the speculative graphics thread and i still have a lot of units to fill.
    I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!

Comment

I thought that you were doing a WWI scen. You have been asking for and getting a great deal of help from many people on that project.
      Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
      Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

This is something that i am also putting together, mainly i am just not in the mood for anything realistic right now, (Plus notepad ate my tech tree after i spent 3 hours on it , i never knew notepad could crash i guess it can) then i watched some monty python movies and that totally put me in the mood for making something strange, (playing postal 2 didn't help either)
        basicly this will be a side project,
        edit: i tried to open my ww1 scenario's rules.txt and found out that it is horribly corrupted stupid notepad
        Last edited by Broken_Erika; January 10, 2005, 00:16.

Comment

units that i threw in so far
          (still working on the chicken cannon )

Comment

Death!

You should add Cthulhu in around somewhere, as well...

Perhaps some bloodstains on the Penguin Horde?

Some years ago, a couple of guys started robbing armoured trucks using an old 88mm atg mounted in the back of a Pick-up, perhaps you might want to use a similar unit?
            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

my mad scientist doesn't look crazy enough, and i need to whip up some soccer rioters

Comment

Mental note: Go to sleep.
                Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Don't want to sleep . . . . probably have nightmares about your rendition of the result of a Nazi bioengineering experiment.

Beautiful graphics, but what is a nautilus? A very nasty cross between a giant squid and a scorpion?
                  Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
                  Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

Police will have +2 defence against rioters and trekkies
                    i "have" to throw godzilla in there somewhere
                    "Run it godzilla!,(i know it may look like godzilla but due to international copyright law it is not) still we can still run like it is godzilla(though it isn't) "
                    Last edited by Broken_Erika; January 10, 2005, 10:18.

Comment

Units Updated
                      soccer rioters added, truck replaced, marching band around elehant, godzilla!, redneck replaced

Comment

This project is filling me with ideas for an urban warfare scenario when i finish my ww1 scenario
                        can i make an ocean resource that is impassible?

Comment

terrain 1 file
                          desert terrain-filler between cities
                          commercial terrain- stores and apartments
                          residential terrain- houses
                          forest- forests with occasional forest factories(watch for rednecks
                          Hills with farms(watch for ufo's, piruana cows, more rednecks
                          Mountains- Occasional Ski Resort( watch for ski-pirates!)
                          Pine Forest- Occasional mines,(watch for bigfoot! )military bases
                          Graveyards- Evil Labritories, Mad Scientists, Zombies, Monsters
                          Metropolis- Stadiums and Hotels( watch for soccer riots and terrorists )
                          Ocean- Giant Squids, Pirates, Titanic, Godzilla!
                          Last edited by Broken_Erika; January 10, 2005, 13:09.

Comment

Originally posted by AGRICOLA
                            Don't want to sleep . . . . probably have nightmares about your rendition of the result of a Nazi bioengineering experiment.

Beautiful graphics, but what is a nautilus? A very nasty cross between a giant squid and a scorpion?

A nautilus is just a shelled cephalapod no more than 30 centimetres or a foot in diameter. It has tentacles. I googled for a nice isometric pic and then cleaned it up for Civ2.
                            Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

For 'Jaws' I recommend using CAPTvk's shark unit - If he will let you!

It has been long indeed since we had a good, crazy scen!

Who remembers the 'blob' scenario?

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                              http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X