No announcement yet.

RINASCIMENTO: The Rise of the Medici

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@valmont: great scenario idea (I'm italian )
    ... indeed, I'd like to play it in MGE...
    Maybe a future version...
    Have a good work!
    "Dilexi iustitiam, odivi iniquitatem, propterea morior in exilio" [PAPA GREGORIUS VII +1085] - ("He amado la justicia, he odiado la iniquidad, por eso muero en exilio") - ("I loved justice, I hated unfairness, that's why I die in exile") - (J'ai aimé la justice, j'ai détesté l'iniquité, c'est pourquoi je meurs en exil") - ("Ich liebte Gerechtigkeit und hasste Ungerechtigkeit, deshalb sterbe ich im Exil")

Comment

Originally posted by Gagliaudo
      ... indeed, I'd like to play it in MGE...
      Heh, I'd rather play it in MGE too! I hate those ugly gray colors in ToT.

I really want to use flags (for the crowning of Pope Leone, among other things) and cityproduction trigger (this is not available in MGE is it?). I can't think of any other way to reward the player for building things like Brunelleschi's Dome. If I can come up with reasonable alternatives for these events, I could make an MGE version, since the map, rules and units should be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by valmont

Thanks, techumseh, this will work great!

I think I may still need to fiddle with movement points. I didn't realize just how large the map was till I started placing cities.

If I give a horse movement of 3, does the game no longer consider it "mounted" -- i.e. pikemen doesn't get its defense bonus?
        Glad to help. Yes, the pikeman defense bonus only works if the movement of the cavalry unit is 2 AND the HP (and FP?) is 1. In the vanilla game, pikemen get the bonus against Horsemen, Chariots, Knights and Crusaders, but not Dragoons or Cavalry.

I hate those ugly gray colors in ToT.
        This is a scenario, right? You can change any colors you want.
        Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Originally posted by techumseh

This is a scenario, right? You can change any colors you want.
          No matter what I try, the shields for all civs are much, much darker than the tribe's actual colors. Orange flag = brown shield, Yellow flag = green shield, white flag = gray shield. (WHY did they do this in the first place?) I've searched up and down all over this forum for the solution, but haven't found it.

Comment

Yes, there is a screen on the color indicator for units. You can't get rid of it, unless you use Mercator's tool to eliminate the health bar altogether.
            Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Originally posted by techumseh
              Yes, there is a screen on the color indicator for units. You can't get rid of it, unless you use Mercator's tool to eliminate the health bar altogether.
              His tools work like a charm. Although the unit-key is more or less fixed in position, you can simply not use a civ-specific color in it. Then, anywhere in the unit icon, you can place your unadulterated civ-color.

[Edit: the pink spot is the Allied Civ's color, but the color can be anywhere, even part of the unit itself]
              Last edited by Boco; January 9, 2005, 23:42.
              El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Working...
              X