A few ideas I've kicked around.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few ideas I've kicked around.

Now I have yet to release any scenarios or what have you, but I've played them and studies the files enough to where I have a general idea of how to "get around" in the scenario world.

I've been contemplating either a global (Curt's Dictator 3 map would be excellent) scenario of starting in the 1960s or so. But what would be different about this? -- Multiple scenario files.

Sometimes I've played some scenarios and thought "I'd like to play as X, too bad [s]he didn't include that as an option." Instead what I'd do here is set up 6 "base" civilizations and then have a seventh, but only specific for one nation.

Now bear with me here. The other civs as far as I can think right now would be the USA, USSR, China, the EEC, pro-U.S. states and maybe pro-Soviet states? Neutrals would either have to be barbarians or the seventh civ, which defeats the whole purpose of my post. If I may go out on a tangent for a moment, I'd like some feedback on this portion in particular. What six civilizations would be good for this era?

The seventh state now would be the "switchable" nation. There'd be a scenario package for other nations. Right now, my lineup would be India, Japan, Brazil, and South Africa.

Each nation would of course have their own unique units, cities, events, and possibly an expanded tech tree.

It would really be a simple process because the rest of the map would be made up already.

Does anyone have anything they'd like to add? I'll take all the help I can get as far as getting units, terrains, ideas for events, etc.

Thanks!
    -rmsharpe

I think you could line up Japan as staunch U.S. ally in that case - the westernmost equivalent to the GDR if you ask me ...

India would be funny if there would be something called Pakistan, don´t you think so too? These two coutries fought three wars in short order

South Africa now .... I´d think they haven´t done anything than being fascist and chasing their coloured people around IIRC ...

Instead of Brazil I´d favour Argentina ... way more 'action' down there, don´t you think so too?

Btw, generally I´d think you could make this more interesting if you´d make those 'underdogs' only playable and put the major powers together; like US + Allies, USSR + Allies, China, Europe - which leaves more space for those 'underdog' civs ...

Just some thoughts ...

Comment

jim, the point isn't that I'd have one nation availible for play, is that I'd make all of them. It would just be different scenario files you'd have to retrieve. So SCN-BR would be Brazil and SCN-LY would be Libya

Of course, they'd all be separate to allow people who wanted to just play India and not Nigeria to get just the India files.
      -rmsharpe

Comment

Sounds cool,
        I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
        Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
        Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Hmm.. perhaps make different versions depending on which region of the world...

do as jim said, grouping the 'commie' and 'western' civs into two blocs, and then make the rest of the world either Barb or a third civ, and then the 4 or 5 others would be all grouped in the region... for example, in the South America scen, you'd have Argentina, Brazil, Chile, and Peru, or perhaps have 2 scens for SA, one with said countries and one with Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia and Venezuela...

Another, Middle East one could include Egypt, Sudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, and some US intervention events if there's too much war (which would send oil prices to the clouds )
          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Do you know that crappy 'Dictator Simulator' called 'Tropico'? It was about a small caribbean island where you could chose between the US and the SU ...

I think if you do your scenario that way make those blocs ... e.g. the American-led West, the Soviet-led East and the UN or whatever else-led Neutrals/Un-alligned Bloc. You should have enough place left for other civs then methinks

Comment

That is a potential, however, wouldn't the U.S. and USSR become too powerful and eventually come to conquer their countries, even if they're friendly to the U.S.?
              -rmsharpe

Comment

Well, the events can be edited in a way that this will not happen

Comment

Working...
                X