Empire of the Rising Sun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

-China (Kuomintang)
    Maybe this will help. I've been saving them for a scenario I've got in the works but they could be just as useful for this scenarion.

- Kuomintang Sun flag and shield

Comment

The essentials of what I need are as follows:
      -A6M2 Zero Fighter
      -Ki-84 Hayate Fighter
      -Japanese Mainline Bomber (I'm uncertain as to the model)
      -Baka
      -US SBD Dauntless Fighter
      -US Hellcat Fighter/Bomber
      -US P-38 Fighter/Bomber (may be the same as above)
      -British and Australian Spitfire (seperate units)
      -Japanese Type 97 Chi-Ha Tank
      -Chinese Cavalry
      -Soviet Siberian Troops
      -Hong Kong Volunteers
      -Artillery (I'm a little grey on calibres and models there)
      -Japanese Submarine
      -Japanese Destroyer
      -Japanese Battleship
      -Japanese Carrier
      -Japanese Transport
      -Kaitan
      -American Destroyer
      -American Battleship
      -American Carrier
      -American Transport
      -British Destroyer
      -British Battleship
      -Communist Chinese Insurgents
      -Nepali/Bhutani/Mongolian Garrisons
      I think that would cover it, unless I'm missing something. Thanks for any help you can give.

Comment

Thanks a lot, Saladin23! That may well help.

Comment

I'd suggest scrapping the Hong Kong Volunteers and replacing them with the Straits Volunteer Corps of Malaya, for several reasons.

1) The battle of Hong Kong lasted from only 8-26 December whereas the Battle of Malaya (and Singapore) lasted from 7 December to 15 Feburary.

2) Hong Kong is represented by only one city, not much use having a unit that appears only once in the whole game. The SVC fought throughout Malaya from 1941-42, and took part in the final battle of Singapore.

I'd also suggest adding Chindit guerilla fighters under British control.

Comment

That sounds reasonable, typhoon. Amend my list above appropriately. Thanks a lot!

Comment

* A6M2 Zero Fighter - I placed two versions, one white, the other with some green camo.

* Ki-84 Hayate Fighter - No info on that one, a Ki-67 Tony would be something different though

* Japanese Mainline Bomber - I added a G4M Betty as well as a Ki-67 Hiryu and two camo versions of the Aichi D3A Val. I hope this is alrighty

* Baka - What the heck is that?

* US SBD Dauntless - a USN divebomber ...

* US Hellcat Fighter/Bomber - as requested!

* US P-38 Fighter/Bomber - by Mr Graphics Fairline

* British and Australian Spitfire (seperate units) - as requested!

* Japanese Type 97 Chi-Ha Tank - choose yourself

* Chinese Cavalry - I have to pass this one

* Soviet Siberian Troops

* Hong Kong/SVC Volunteers - I think some of Fairline´s East Asia troops should fit in well

* Artillery - Since I have not too much clue of that topic I compiled what Fairline provided us with so far

About the other units you need to specify what you really need. I think more generic naval units won´t be too bad either

Comment

Ermm... actually the British Malaya troops were adapted from fairline by me, if I may say so.

Comment

If you give the torpedo bombers the 'submarine' flag, they can attack BBs and other naval units.

Leading to a dedicated naval aircraft.
                  You might have to change the submarine sound files a bit.

Not sure how the AI would use them though...!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                  http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Here is what the Straits Settlements Volunteer Force/ Singapore Volunteer Corps would have looked like. They wore pith helmets

Photographic evidence attached

Last edited by typhoon; December 23, 2004, 12:09.

Comment

Baka/Okha suicide plane by Nemo(?)

Comment

Tanelorn made some excellent USN fighters as well

F4 Corsair, F6 Hellcat, F4 Wildcat

Comment

Patine, here is the Okha suicide plane I told you about from the graphical update I did for Nemo's 2194, which still to this day has never been downloaded once I'm told.

I spent ten days on the icons alone.

Comment

Nice plane Chris. Sorry to hear about your update,if I could find it, I'd download it at once. Judging by your work I'd say that it just needs some publicity, because in technical terms it is already superior.

Heres a go at the Chinese cavalry. I haven't the foggiest what kind of uniforms and equipment they used so it may be historically inacurrate

Comment

Well here is the World War Two Pacific Flagset I promised my friend. I included a couple versions of the Soviet Flag that were never actual official flags, but rather their shields look good on the Civ II units.gif. I also included a simple red banner as the communist Chinese flag on account upon closer examination of the communist flag of China at the time, it turned out it was essentially the same as the official Soviet flag.

If I left out any civ that I should not have please let me know and I will make the appropriate fix!

Comment

I have an off topic question. For some reason all of my attatchments only appear as downloadable links on the threads, as oppose to the actual graphic apearing embeded on the thread itself.

Can anyone explain why that is?

Comment

Working...
                                X