Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diplomat problems

Hiya mateys!

I can't figure out why this diplomat won't work. It works if I put the sav in the main folder, but it doesn't if I use the original game.txt in an alternative folder. What am I not doing here?

Regards,
    Eivind
    Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Downloaded zip into new folder "KOBRA" on desktop. Extracted 2 files into "KOBRA". Started CIV2 and loaded game save test36.sav. Diplomat "bumped" Berlin.

Got the expected options of:

Investigate city
    Steal technology
    Industrial sabotage

As a check, created new diplo. Same thing.

As another check, replaced game.txt from zip with game.txt from main CIV2 folder. Everything still works fine.

Is this what you are not getting?

What about the mysterious 2nd Division? I bet that's what's causing your problems.
    Last edited by AGRICOLA; December 14, 2004, 11:27.
    Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
    Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

I sent you a mail regarding the "mysterious" 2nd div

and no, it doesn't work with me, the diplo thing. I have those two files in a seperate folder as well, and when I try to move the diplo to a city for those options you get nothing happens...hmm...I must be doing something wrong, but I don't get it..

EDIT:
      For some reason it now works... I did what you did, creating a folder on the desktop. When I created a sub folder within the scenario folder and tried those two files nothing happened. But having the folder on the desktop did work Anyway, thanks for the "help" or whatever it was that you did Black magic?

Anyway, no worries, men!

EDIT2:
      It seems that depending on the name I have for the folder it works and not
      Last edited by Eivind IV; December 14, 2004, 12:14.
      Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

I'd try pasting a copy of the original CIV2 rules.txt into the problem folder to see if that makes any difference.

Thanks for the word on the 2nd Div.

EDIT: Cross post.

Comment

Originally posted by Kobra
          It seems that depending on the name I have for the folder it works and not
          I may have had something similar a few months ago when playing Red Front 1.5, Colwyn's mod of Nemo's RF 1.4.

I believe that in RF 1.5, when the PILLAGE order is given, there is no option as to which improvement to pillage. The sequence is automatic and starts with irrigation or farmland. . . . utterly useless when time is of the essence and one is trying to delay the German advance. The scen and all relevant files were in a folder (call it A) on desktop.

The game had barely started when for some long-forgotten reason, I copied all the files in A and pasted them into a new folder B, still on desktop. Again, for some forgotten reason, I continued play using a save from B. Amazingly, there were now the standard CIV2 options that pop up when the Pillage order is given.

I tried to sort this out but got nowhere. Folder A was standard while folder B was definitely "magical".

PS: RF 1.5 was completed by playing the game in folder B.

Comment

Working...
          X