X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pre-flight airbase!?!

How could this happen?
    Attached Files

I gather that the RULES.TXT was altered because the Green civ is called Offensives. Could there be another change in the area of prereqs for Airbases? In Cheat mode the airbase only shows up on that civ's map marked white, but it does not show up on the Celt's map. An airbase is a single bit set to On in the terrain characteristics byte; another possibility is a file corruption.

Comment

No, I didn't alter rules.txt -- I just re-named my civ within the usual begin-new-game options, where you also get to decide about game level, barbs, world size, etc.

Maybe file corruption is the explanation, but I've never noticed a tiny file corruption like that in any program -- in my experience, file corruptions usually make the corrupted file pretty much unusable. I suspect that, rather, it's a bug in the program, and I wonder what implications it might have.

Comment

This happens on the Macintosh version as well.

I suspect it's just a graphical error that pops up on occasion, because when I click on the square in question, it says the "airbase" is actually a fortress. If I go into the cheat menu to check deeper into the situation, it also says it's a fortress — which is further backed up when I close out of the menu and, voila!, where the pre-flight airbase was, there's now a fortress.

Gatekeeper
        "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

That makes sense. Thanks, Gatekeeper.

Comment

No problem, debeest.
            "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Never seen it myself - but yes its definitely a fortress

Stu
              "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
              "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Working...
              X