Good Scenario covering Justinian the Great and Belisarius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Scenario covering Justinian the Great and Belisarius

Is there any scenario that covers the time period? I’ve only seen one scenario titled “The Age of Justinian” and to be honest it’s pretty crappy with horrible unit graphics that often don’t correspond to the nations. I’ve been interested in scenarios that cover the time period from 400 AD – 625 AD when Europe was entering the dark ages and classical antiquity came to an end.

Carl Fritz's Justinian the Great is excellent.
    STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

Indeed. It ranks as one of the best scenarios ever made, IMHO.
      Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Yes, I also recommend Carl's scn.

My ever unfinished Heraclius scenario covers several years of this time You mentioned as well.
        "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
        I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
        Middle East!

Comment

Indeed, I like a lot this scen, but... am I the only one who finds extremely profitable to go first against Persia instead of the former Western Empire?
          Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

Have you tried it as the Western Empire? - that's very hard.
            Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Originally posted by yaroslav
              Indeed, I like a lot this scen, but... am I the only one who finds extremely profitable to go first against Persia instead of the former Western Empire?
              I do not remember my game, I think I went both directions.
              I recall I've had initial problems with Persians, but eventually defeated them in a brilliant campaign.
              I've let them take Tyre, and then attacked them with concentrated forces from the north; since then, they were in perpetual defensive, as their offensive forces were caught in a trap and destroyed.
              I liked this part.
              "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
              I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
              Middle East!

Comment

Carl made good scens, indeed.
                Maybe to show more deeply the single periods, an idea could be to divide the WesternEmp's fall (StefanHaertel was working on this, seen by Huns' pow) and EasternEmp's reprise (concentrating on Justinian and Belisarius).
                I mean, to divide in (about) 450-500 AD and 525-565 AD
                "Dilexi iustitiam, odivi iniquitatem, propterea morior in exilio" [PAPA GREGORIUS VII +1085] - ("He amado la justicia, he odiado la iniquidad, por eso muero en exilio") - ("I loved justice, I hated unfairness, that's why I die in exile") - (J'ai aimé la justice, j'ai détesté l'iniquité, c'est pourquoi je meurs en exil") - ("Ich liebte Gerechtigkeit und hasste Ungerechtigkeit, deshalb sterbe ich im Exil")

Comment

Working...
                X