Is there a Maccabee Scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a Maccabee Scenario

Any scenarios on the Judean revolt against Antiochus Epiphanes, circa 167 BCE, IIRC?

Id be interested in downloading one, in time for Hannukah
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

No, IIRC, but it would be nice to have it...
    You could make it...
    I considered Maccabees' scenario in my (never-made) projects...
    but after many others, one of them related to Judea, too...
    "Dilexi iustitiam, odivi iniquitatem, propterea morior in exilio" [PAPA GREGORIUS VII +1085] - ("He amado la justicia, he odiado la iniquidad, por eso muero en exilio") - ("I loved justice, I hated unfairness, that's why I die in exile") - (J'ai aimé la justice, j'ai détesté l'iniquité, c'est pourquoi je meurs en exil") - ("Ich liebte Gerechtigkeit und hasste Ungerechtigkeit, deshalb sterbe ich im Exil")

Comment

Originally posted by Gagliaudo
      No, IIRC, but it would be nice to have it...
      You could make it...
      I considered Maccabees' scenario in my (never-made) projects...
      but after many others, one of them related to Judea, too...

I might do that. Ive started reading the book of Maccabees, so thats a start on the research.
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

All new scenarios are extremely welcome!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
        http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Nice idea. it would make a good scen as the AI can have overwhelming force and still can thhe player win
          Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

I am with Gagliaudo.
            I would be very interested in your tech tree - you have already proven to have mastered that with Seeds of Greatness.
            You have made peace with the evil Wheredehekowi tribe-we demand you tell us if they are a tribe that is playing this scenario.
            We also agree not to crush you, if you teach us the tech of warp drive and mental telepathy and give 10 trinkets

Comment

wait, wait, wait....

LOTM, are you Kull Culivan?? That would be yet another more reason to have a high opinion about you

Comment

OOPS my mistake. He is not Paul. I thought Lord of the Mark did the tree but I think he did only the tech discriptions for Kull.

I misread a post.
                You have made peace with the evil Wheredehekowi tribe-we demand you tell us if they are a tribe that is playing this scenario.
                We also agree not to crush you, if you teach us the tech of warp drive and mental telepathy and give 10 trinkets

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

I might do that. Ive started reading the book of Maccabees, so thats a start on the research.
                  Good man. I have some Seleucid, Ptolemaic and Judean units for the period if that will help.
                  http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

Paul Cullivan is 'Kull' at Apolyton BTW.
                    http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

I though so , thanks fairline.

Comment

Originally posted by beingofone
                        OOPS my mistake. He is not Paul. I thought Lord of the Mark did the tree but I think he did only the tech discriptions for Kull.

I misread a post.
                        Thats correct. I am not Paul. Paul did the scenarios - which I liked very much, and was inspired to write tech descriptions. Its always seemed to odd to me that we have so much interest in history, and so many scenarios written, but hardly any have tech descriptions, which were such an interesting part of the original game.

I didnt realize what I was getting into. It was quite a major piece of research. I enjoyed working with Paul, to the extent that I had contact with him, and I was glad to contribute something to the scen community - ive never actually done a scen, Maccabees would be my first if i do it.

Comment

Originally posted by beingofone
                          I am with Gagliaudo.
                          I would be very interested in your tech tree - you have already proven to have mastered that with Seeds of Greatness.
                          I wouldnt be inclined to much of a tech tree, other than perhaps as a way of triggering events etc. The Maccabee revolt happened over less than a decade, IIRC - no real "research" during that period. Of course one could have the Maccabs/Judeans discovering "faith in Hashem" or something like that. Would guerrilla warfare be something they "discover" or start with? I really do need to read some sources, and see if there was a trigger point where they began to use guerrila warfare.

Comment

Lord @
                            I wouldnt be inclined to much of a tech tree, other than perhaps as a way of triggering events etc.The Maccabee revolt happened over less than a decade, IIRC - no real "research" during that period.
                            That is why I am most interested. Seeing how you compress a tech tree for such a short period.

I really do need to read some sources, and see if there was a trigger point where they began to use guerrila warfare.
                            169 is the best guess by most historians. Just after Antiochus campaigned in Egypt. The king then marched to Jerusalem and killed 80,000 people and sacrificed the pig on the alter. ( 2 Maccabees 6:1-4).
                            I think Mattathias the Hasmoneaon started the rebellion just after the pig sacrificing incident.

You probably already know all that Lord- I remember our last discussion.

Comment

There were also specific battles you may want to simulate, such as at Beit Horon.

Comment

Working...
                              X