Trev
    deity
    Makeo

Invited reliables who are normally free at this time:
    Ljube
    Dylan
    Zylka

Only known reliables need apply!

Which game we play depends on who commits.
    "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
    *deity of THE DEITIANS*

I have talked to lungchild and he will play, so that now makes 4 confirmed players for Friday night, let another 1 or 2 commit to playing as well please.

Comment

giddy up. 9 eastern usa is good.
      Last edited by Makeo; November 26, 2004, 00:07.
      Hold my girlfriend while I kiss your skis.

Comment

i'll be here in an hour
        Hold my girlfriend while I kiss your skis.

Comment

Well, at least the B Game of TWIF started before the A Game

We got to 1800BC I think...
          *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Unfortunately it did not continue long enough because my computer proved very unreliable, switching itself off frequently. My best guess for the problem is it is hardware related, maybe due to static discharges. What I know is that I have more problems with the computer when it has been turned on for a longer period of time, which is why I only come online just as game time approaches. But it also appears that during hot weather it is at its worst, as today and yesterday the problems were chronic, and both days the temperature here was above 37C, this being 100F. I am posting this later at night after it has cooled and computer is behaving a lot better.

I am not sure how to go about fixing this problem, so suggestions would be welcome, I do not wish to mess up too many more sessions, and I am most sorry for the problems today

Comment

post a save

Comment

Originally posted by trev
                Unfortunately it did not continue long enough because my computer proved very unreliable, switching itself off frequently. My best guess for the problem is it is hardware related, maybe due to static discharges. What I know is that I have more problems with the computer when it has been turned on for a longer period of time, which is why I only come online just as game time approaches. But it also appears that during hot weather it is at its worst, as today and yesterday the problems were chronic, and both days the temperature here was above 37C, this being 100F. I am posting this later at night after it has cooled and computer is behaving a lot better.

I am not sure how to go about fixing this problem, so suggestions would be welcome, I do not wish to mess up too many more sessions, and I am most sorry for the problems today
                Trev, this really sounds like a worm. I had the same problem a while back (blaster worm) and I prided myself on keeping up with all my updates/virus defs.spyware etc. When I spoke to Biigpond satellite support they said it was definitely a worm and I went to their website to download the appropriate worm removal tool.

If it's not a worm and you can't air condition your PC room, then you need to get extra cooling fans added to your PC. I added several to mine as an insurance but I've never actually had my PC crash due to overheating (unless I was playing with over clocking). Also make sure that the CPU clock speed is set at the default and use 'safe' or default (not optimum) bios settings.
                *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

BTW, ozzy subbed for a few of your turns Trev. I'll post a save soon so you can check it out and make sure you're happy to continue from 1800BC. Thanx to ozzy BTW.
                  *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

No save yet to check the current state out deity, is it coming soon?

Comment

The room can be airconditioned where my pc is, in fact it normally is on warm days, however last Saturday noone was home to switch the airconditioner on until just before game start time, this week will be cooler, but I will also make sure the airconditioner is on beforehand as well, so hopefully the computer will be more reliable.

Comment

1800BC save

Attached Files
                        *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Well, all our crashes last week were not to do with our connections/hosting etc. It was the city.txt file! Zylka posted a new one in the A Game thread... we lost a few hours because of this. Basically there were not enough city names and if you bult a city after the number of city names ran out, the game crashes...

Also, another point of clarification. Can GL be built? It was built in the A Game but our sub last week, Dylan, saiod no GL...??

Also, Trev said the settings for Oracle are wrong as per the posted settings. I'll look in to this and make up a B Game rules.txt.

Then we try with Makeo hosting this week.
                          *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

OK, I fixed Oracle to Industrialisation...

Post in a sec.

Note these in the rules for future:

Patrol Destr.,nil, 2, 10.,0, 6a,6d, 3h,2f, 7,0, 2, Cmp, 100000000000001
                            MLRS, nil, 0, 1.,0, 14a,2d, 3h,2f, 12,0, 5, U2, 000000001000000
                            U-Boat, NP, 2, 4.,0, 8a,2d, 3h,2f, 6,0, 2, Cmb, 000000000001001
                            Mil. Police, nil, 0, 1.,0, 3a,5d, 2h,1f, 3,0, 1, Aut, 000000000000000
                            Mech. SAM, nil, 0, 3.,0, 0a,3d, 2h,2f, 8,0, 5, Roc, 010000000000000
                            Modern Inf., nil, 0, 1.,0, 6a,7d, 3h,1f, 6,0, 1, Pla, 000000000000000
                            Jet Bomber, nil, 1, 10.,2, 13a,4d, 2h,2f, 12,0, 0, U1, 000000000000001
                            Jet Fighter, nil, 1, 12.,0, 6a,4d, 2h,2f, 7,0, 3, U1, 000000000010001
                            Dreadnought, Aut, 2, 7.,0, 7a,7d, 3h,2f, 10,0, 2, Ref, 000000000000001
                            *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Original twif pak rules with Oracle extended to Ind.

They never really agreed on limiting power of GL, Marcos etc in the A Game so I reckon we just go with the normal situation. Marcos has been built in our game but I'm happy if you all want to ban GL?
                              Attached Files
                              *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Working...
                              X