Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dumbfounded... has anyone ever seen this before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumbfounded... has anyone ever seen this before?

Screenshot of my current game (as the Americans).

Look where the Romans built Antium... on a 3 special sweet spot!!

I've never seen the AI do this before (I had thought there was some algorithm to city placement which precluded sweet spot use). Has anyone else seen this?

Last edited by Six Thousand Year Old Man; November 15, 2004, 23:38.
    "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
    "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Oh yes, I have seen 2, 3, and even four special AI cities. What cracks me up is when they proceed to irrigate silk in favor of wheat.

Monk
    so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Bet its on Grassland - the AI seems incapable of founding an early city on anything else

Stu
      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Actually it's on Plains - and there are Grassland tiles surrounding the city site.

Much better terrain than I was given 2 whales, a Pheasant AND a hidden special.

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
        "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

If you like the spot

... take the city soon
          Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

Already mine when the shot was taken...

Comment

ToT, 6k?
              (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
              (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

I've seen it as well in the Macintosh version of Civ II. I've also encountered civilizations with nearly 200 armored divisions arrayed against me in some of my games.

Gatekeeper
                "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow
                  ToT, 6k?
                  Yup. Gives me a somewhat better game than MGE does.

Comment

Working...
                  X