I'm New...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm New...

I'm pretty much lost so far around the forum so I apologize if this should be said elsewhere.

I've been playing Civ2 forever. But havn't had anyone to multiplay with. And I've always wanted to!

Anyway, Hi to everyone, I'll be a presence on the board for a little while.
    "All things are good except for the bad parts"

Welcome to Apolyton... New Blood is always welcome in the Civ II MP community.

You are showing an American Flag, but your current time would indicate you haven't changed your personal settings, or you live outside the US.

What time zone are you in?

Also, you might want to sign up for one of the free "instant message" services, since most of use those to help facilitate playing. Many of use ICQ and others use AIM or other services.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Hey

Thanks for replying. I'm in the eastern time zone.
      How do I sign up for the IM? thanks..

Comment

You can get ICQ (an older system that many of use) free at ICQ.com

You might want to go into "control panal" at the top of the page, select change settings, and set your time zone to match the eastern US time zone. That way, when people see you posting, they know whether it will be easy to set up games with you or not.

There are a few active groups playing around here. You can just check some of the threads in this forum and make yourself known... One to check is the setting up IP game thread... that's the one our group uses to set up games.
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Thanks lots!

Comment

I've been reading about diplo games, I think I want to set one up somehow. Any suggestions?

Comment

hey orange:

I'm eastern time zone also. There is a group of us that play on weeknites. We primarily use Yahoo IM and ICQ.

MY Yahoo IM name is bob_wland_2000
              for ICQ u can just click add me.

Also remember if u havn't played MP yet you will need to get the patch.

Hope to see u soon in a game.

Comment

Welcome Orange:

We play weekends and I like to play on Sundays as well. If you are planning to play on Fri & Sats read "rah rules" so you know what the standards. I look forward to playing you..... There are several of us in EST by the way.
                Bring Star Trek back to T.V.!!!!

Comment

Hi Ceasar:

Thanks for the welcome I finally got everything in order so I'm ready to start playing. Look forward to playing you someday.

Comment

Working...
                  X