Feedback needed from RED FRONT veterans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback needed from RED FRONT veterans

If you have played either Captain Nemo’s Red Front 1.4 or, especially , Colwyn’s RF 1.5 mod of Nemo’s original, could you please post a feedback on which version you played, how difficult you found the game, were you able to finish it by November 1945, as well as any other details, comments or suggestions that you might have.

The Scenario League at Apolyton is in the initial stages of a community project to convert Nemo’s original RF 1.4 from MGE to TOT and needs to decide on how difficult the new scen should be. Further details on the project, including Captain Nemo's approval, can be found on the following threads:

Thanks.
    Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
    Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Great idea!

I played 1.4 all the way through twice. My best finish was late 1943 (My measure of victory was capturing Berlin and eradicating the Germans from all Russian cities).

I found the game pretty difficult, especially the first time. I played a messy game on my first attempt and was quite frustrated by the 'Too many units' message when I was trying desperately to build KV-1s.

(I have glanced at the threads in the scenario forum and see that you guys are considering fixing this )

The second time, knowing all the tricks made the game MUCH easier. I didn't do anything really dastardly (i.e. loading fortified positions onto ships and moving them to key cities; deliberately losing Red Army units to get Partisans; disbanding units to avoid spawning Nazi ones) but it helped to know what to build where and what units were key (and rushbuying like crazy).

One bug I noticed in 1.4 was an inability to airlift anything into Rostov, post-1942 - the airlift automatically failed. I'm not sure if this was fixed in 1.5.

Good luck with the remake
    "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
    "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Originally posted by Six Thousand Year Old Man
      One bug I noticed in 1.4 was an inability to airlift anything into Rostov, post-1942 - the airlift automatically failed. I'm not sure if this was fixed in 1.5.
      I can't comment on the bug in RF 1.4 because my game ended too soon. However, it must have been fixed in RF 1.5 as I had no problem with airlifts to or from Rostov.
      Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
      Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

Working...
      X