Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know yet. Any time is fine. Both are mid day Sunday here.

Better you Americans and Australians post your preference.

Comment

Early Sunday US eastern time is my preferance.. Can you get on yahoo Ljube?
      "All things are good except for the bad parts"

Comment

Zylka, are we playing with ships accelerated?

And what about game-breaking howitzers?

Comment

When are we planning to start? Running out of time before this sunday is here.

Comment

The World is Flat Sunday session has filled. Thanks everybody, and see you all THIS SUNDAY; tommorrow,
            November 14th at 9amEST

Comment

Thank you for letting me play Zylka.

Looking forward to tomorrow.

Comment

Sorry to say this but they changed my work days around. I now have to work on Sundays starting tomorrow. I just found this out today, while at work.
                Legalize it now!!!!!....Free the Weed!!!

Comment

What kind of work is that?

Z, shall we postpone till we get a full crew?

Comment

Originally posted by Makeo
                    or you could all just move it to friday night and let me play.
                    Keep USA Fri night free for Euro-classic?

We could continue it when Makeo is here... Dylan can play "some" USA Fri nights. I'm free for it and I'm sure Z and Ljube are. And we need subs/replacements for Gaul and Greece...
                    "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                    *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Originally posted by Dank
                      Sorry to say this but they changed my work days around. I now have to work on Sundays starting tomorrow. I just found this out today, while at work.
                      Goodness Dank! Hope you are OK for this Thurs night?
                      *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

If you played this or similar game on USA Sat night a few more might be able to play I reckon.
                        *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Originally posted by Ljube-ljcvetko

Z, shall we postpone till we get a full crew?
                          nope, we play in ~6~ hours. sorry to lose you dank!

Comment

Full story thread will be started tommorrow night after this mornings' session. Please unzip below into scenario folder named TWIF

Oceania - Cyber-Spyder
                            Euros - ljube
                            Afrikan - Orangesbear
                            Asiatic - Markus
                            Indus - Dylan Baker or Zylka
                            Caucasas - Zylka (Per 6 player game)
                            Attached Files

Comment

If you're planning to have one AI, better give that start some bonuses (such as bonus starting settlers and some units) and set level to deity (although I prefer emperor to reduce the importance of happiness wonders).

Otherwise, the poor guy that gets the AI played civ is screwed for sure. Or find the sixth player. Deity, won’t you join us for this one session?

Comment

I took a quick look at the rules, and I have a few comments.

1. Reinstate plumbing into the builder beeline (construction + pottery = plumbing = aqueducts). Reason: Builders seldom research pottery before sanitation (!) as pottery only gives granaries and hanging gardens and you can easily do without either of them (celebration). Furthermore, builders despise navigation as it reduces caravan payoff by 1/3. They prefer invention and Leo's Workshop to Magellan. This is even more so with ships accelerated, so we need to make the builder beeline less appealing.

2. I see howitzers are still there (albeit under a different name) and still movement two. For such a powerful attacker if defence is going to be worthwhile, we need a very strong defender at around the same time (which modern infantry is not). I suggest making modern infantry a 4hp unit. That might counter the all prevailing mass-produce howitzer tactics.

3. I believe there was an error in the RULES.TXT file: I think jet fighter should have 1 under 'number of turns fuelled', not 0.

4. Great Library, and to some lesser extent, Marco Pollo's Embassy are extremely powerful wonders. I believe MPE should cost at least 400 shields and expire sooner than communism (6*60 shields = 360 shields, plus distances covered by the diplomats to establish embassy). Great Library allows a warmongering beeline (the tactics I employed in Eurodip) and taking over the world, so it should definitely expire earlier (with university or theory of gravity perhaps?) and/or cost more.

5. Diplomats are made more expensive, but that reduces the chance of a successful defence against tech theft (it's still cheaper to build one diplomat and steal what you don't have than to research it yourself). My suggestion and I am going to be strong on this is: Diplomats are not allowed to steal technology. You can steal techs with spies normally.

Comment

Working...
                                X