October Civ 2 Tournament: Celts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October Civ 2 Tournament: Celts

I agree with Monk that we should just go on with the next Tournament. I have an interesting start that will be a nice challenge.

Settings:

Cunobelin of the Celts

Deity level
    7 civs
    Raging hordes
    No restarts
    Starting techs: none
    Techs are always available for research
    Medium map with some changes to terrain

Rules:

Tipping huts is not allowed.
    It is not allowed to build Marco Polo´s Embassy (it may be captured, though).

The following techniques are not allowed:

1. Rehoming Caravans/Freight
    2. Black Clicking
    3. Unsinkable Triremes (in MPGE)
    4. Reloading to change outcome, replaying parts of the game

Victory Conditions:

Earliest finish in one of these categories: conquest, spaceship or OCC

Submissions:

I hope MarkG will give us a new HOF thread to post the final savs. Until then just post in the Spoiler Thread.

Submissions are due November 21.

A little hint: it would be wise to think that the terrain changes are not favourable to the human player.
    Have fun!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Zenon; October 21, 2004, 19:10.

Obviously I don´t know how to insert the image into the post. How can I do it?

Comment

Thanks for picking up the slack, Zenon.

With the image you want centered on your screen, hit "screen shot" or "print screen" key, usually among the top three keys above the "arrow keys". This will save the image to clipboard which you can paste (CTRL-V) into "WIN Paint". Make any alterations and then "save as" a .jpg file. Then use the regular attachment feature on this page to browse to and add the image here. Hopefully, I have remembered and explained that correctly.

Monk
      so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Here it is, and as Monk says, you need it in JPG format. GIF doesn't work here.

Thanks to Zenon for getting the ball rolling.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, solo; I only had time earlier for the instructions.

BTW, is there a possible SSC site close by??

Monk

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody Monk
            Thanks, solo; I only had time earlier for the instructions.

BTW, is there a possible SSC site close by??

Monk
            giggle

RJM at Sleeper's
            Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

The save seems to be in a non-English language (possibly German). Can this be changed? Will this change anything?
              Sorry, RJM! To give this starting position to the Celts I had to save as a scenario in between. This is why the sav "remembers" that my version of 2.42 was originally German. It does not influence the game but I apologize for the inconvenience.

The only certain way to change the language in the European versions I know of is this:

Go to your civ2 folder and then open this file with the editor:
              advice.txt
              Copy the text, then open advice.ger and replace the German text. Save.
              Repeat with other files like
              City.txt => City.ger
              Game.txt => Game.ger
              Labels.txt => Labels.ger
              Mapmenu.txt => Mapmenu.ger
              Menu.txt => Menu.ger
              Pedia.txt => Pedia.ger
              Rules.txt => Rules.ger

That´s the way I changed my version to English. Unfortunately it is not a real English version and now caused this problem.

I hope I don´t have to change the thread title to "Zenon´s unavoidable technical problems".

Zenon
              Last edited by Zenon; October 23, 2004, 03:01.

Comment

Chill...out.

Everything is in English, as far as I can tell, except the Civ Names, and that is not so hard to figure out. No need to change anything. The techs are in English, the dialog boxes are in English, the Build orders are in English.

If someone has a problem with Kelten = Celt, maybe a simple list of translations for the Civ names is in order, but I really think this is not a deal breaker.

I am reporting on Civ v2.42.

Monk

Comment

Same here.

I kind of prefer seeing the Civ names in Deutsch!

Comment

Glad to hear that. I had allready imagined desperate players searching in a dictionary what these strange tech names would mean.

Zenon

Comment

Zenon, the very eastern Celt from somewhere between Bayern and Schleswig

No problem with German names as far as I am concerned, but I am buried in a Spanish scenario, need a few more days until conquest is completed.
                      Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

Remember to post your games in the HoF. The creator of the course should start a tournament by using this link. Once the tournament is made in the HoF, simply click on the link for the tournament, and then press the link that saves submit a save, and follow the instructions that are on that page.

Comment

Working...
                        X