No announcement yet.

Colonialism: The Age of Discovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then I would suggest the year 1516: On the death of Fernando of Aragon, the Spanish Crown goes to (Habsburg) Charles I of Spain and V of Germany, who unites under a single sceptre the Spanish kingdoms of Castile and Aragon, plus the Italian (Naples, Sicily, Sardinia) and European (Belgium/Holland, Austria- Southern Germany) dominions of the Habsburgs.
    Ofcourse, the Dutch will have to fight for their independence. There lay the roots for the linguistic & religious divisions between the low countries. There is also the reformation & counter-reformation, the 30 years religious war in Germany...Till 1700: With the death of Charles II, the dynasty of the Habsburg comes to an end and the War of the Spanish Succession breaks out, Spain collapses and a French puppet is set on the Spanish throne in 1714, when Spain loses Belgium, Luxemburg, Milan, Naples, Sardinia, Minorca and Gibraltar. The Habsburgs retain control of Austria- Hungary however.
    Russia establishes itself as a European power during this period, with Ivan the Terrible. The Russians run their own overland colonization of Siberia and Central Asia, which is equally important in terms of landmass, at least.
    Last edited by tanelorn; October 16, 2004, 23:11.
    "Whoever thinks freely, thinks well"
    -Rigas Velestinlis (Ferraios)
    "...êáé ô' üíïìá ôçò, ôï ãëõêý, ôï ëÝãáíå Áñåôïýóá..."
    "I have a cunning plan..." (Baldric)

Comment

These historical events sound a bit hard to simulate on a world map I'm afraid...I'll check out what can and what can not be represented in events for this...

I know John Ellis is working on a war of the Spanish Succession scenario.
      Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

But as Tanelorn says, if you start in the 16th Century the Habsburg empire included Spain, Austria-Hungary (and various middle European lands such as Bohemia), Naples and other Italian possessions, Burgundy etc. Having Spain on it's own in this era would be odd.

Also, looking at your map - shouldn't Columbus have discovered the West Indies by now?
        http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

Ok, I've been making some adjustments today, so that the scenario may infact begin in 1516, with Carlos I/Charles V as the king of the Habsburgs. Thanks, tanelorn!

Fairline: He sure should've The reason it was all black in the preview map was because I hadn't decided when to begin, before or after the rediscovery of America

Anyways, here's a ratfied Portugese map...
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Eivind IV; October 17, 2004, 07:38.

Comment

Looks like a giga map.
            Lost in America.
            "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
            "or a very good liar." --Stefu
            "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

And correct you are. You gave me your blessing a week ago or so to use that map, remember?

Comment

Only making events left...
                Attached Files

Comment

It's La Coruña, not La Coroña...

Nice map, btw
                  Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Ok, thanks!

The map is Exile's.

Comment

I'm also including the cities and how you 'explored' the map for the Portugese....
                      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

If anyone would like to help me playtest this, just say so here and I'll send it by PM (or email if preferred) by the next day or so.
                        Last edited by Eivind IV; October 19, 2004, 20:12.

Comment

Let me know if I can make you any flags and or unit shields. This one looks great!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sarsstock
                            Let me know if I can make you any flags and or unit shields. This one looks great!!
                            Thank you, but I already have flags and units shields. What I could need is a title.gif

Comment

here! its ciferalmasy_nospam@web.de
                              Deutscher Meister 2004: WERDER BREMEN

Comment

It shall be sent, Cifer. I need only to sort some things out first. The more people sign up for playtest, the better

I need some help here as well.
                                1. I don't understand why the European civ here have walled cities when they in reality have no city walls. Well, some have, but not all of them as this sav shows.

2. I want every turn to be 6 months (two months a year). How do I do that? I don't seem to get it work. I had the turn increment on -6, evenso it had one turn as one month. I find that a bit weird as well. So teporary it is now increment 1, but that will go too fast. Please someone help me!

...as soon as possible

Edit: attachment deleted
                                Last edited by Eivind IV; October 20, 2004, 11:11.

Comment

Working...
                                X