Way to Make Event Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way to Make Event Work

In a recent redux (well, complete overhaul, actually) of the 'World War II - Europe' scenario that comes with vanilla Civ2 (for which I admit I borrowed a lot of graphics from Capt. Nemo; full credits will be given in the Readme), I have come to a stumbling block in terms of how to work an event. Basically, I keep the idea of the French player beginning under Henri Petain with its capital in Vichy, not Paris (and a beginning turn of June 1940), and thus will most likely collapse into Vichy France (Free French are units spawned among the Allies player), and I also kept the initial alliance between the French and Allies. Now, I've added that the Allies cannot negotiate with the Axis, but the French can (thus they can sue for peace). The Allies also cannot negotiate with France, thus making their alliance unbreakable, except as follows. I need a good way to simulate a French surrender that will trigger aggression by the Allies against the French, so they can sieze French holdings in North Africa and the Middle East, and potentially 'clean up' Vichy cities after invading Western Europe, but I think Paris falling to the Axis is too soon. Does anyone have any suggestions?

The fall of Paris should be the better option, it was the first thing I came to think of when I read through your post. Otherwise, a coastal city like St. Nazaire?
    "Peace cannot be kept by force.
    It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

I agree with the Western port city, like St. Nazaire, or even Toulouse, come to think of it. Thanks!

Comment

I suggest opening up a tech for research by the germans, called "Surrender of France" or similar, when they take Paris. I.e. they receive the prerequisite tech for "France's surrender" when they take Paris.

The tech should yield sufficient benefit to the Germans, to make them want to pursuit it. - Like giving them an economical advantage because of the cooperation policy, or perhaps the obsolescence of a vital french/allied wonder. Something that they can't do without, and with a high AI priority.

When the Germans do research it, the Allies are allowed to take the course of action you describe.

This would make the event a bit more unreliable, and one cannot count upon when it happens.
        The Slim End Of The Long Tail -
        Kaplak Stream

Comment

Working...
        X