How to play in multiplayer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to play in multiplayer?

Right, I have Civilization II Multiplayer, but I can't get it to work with my friend. Anyone could run me through what I have to do to setup a MP game properly?

1. are you behind a firewall. if so, you must open a port for communication. My memory sucks but i'm thinking 4993. There are threads discuss it. So if this is the issue, i'll find one and reference it here.

Where do you fail.

Can you get to where the it shows you your IP and then the screen where it says waiting for players?

More info is required for us to make guesses.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

My firewall is disabled, but I don't know if it's enough.

And yes, I can get to when it says "Waiting for players", but my friend cannot join me. Same for the opposite, I cannot join his game. I should try playing with someone else. My friend and I always had connectivity issues. Maybe it's just when we play together that this doesn't work.

Where do you guys hang out when you are wanting to play? There is no one on Game Spy Arcade

Also would be nice if someone could reference me to where I could find the different settings and rules, like "x2x2 Deity" and stuff like that. The whole forum looks like it is written in gibberish for me
      Last edited by Slvrwolf; October 11, 2004, 17:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Slvrwolf
        Where do you guys hang out when you are wanting to play? There is no one on Game Spy Arcade
        There are a bunch of us that play on Friday and Saturday nights. We don't "hang" anywhere. We usually post our "intent" in the "Setting up IP Game" thread, and then check who's on line using ICQ to set up a game.

Also would be nice if someone could reference me to where I could find the different settings and rules, like "x2x2 Deity" and stuff like that. The whole forum looks like it is written in gibberish for me
        2x2x means Double Production and 2x Movement.
        Our group usually plays 2x1x, Double Production and regular movement.

You can check out the rules we play by viewing this thread:

Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

And yes, I can get to when it says "Waiting for players", but my friend cannot join me. Same for the opposite, I cannot join his game. I should try playing with someone else. My friend and I always had connectivity issues. Maybe it's just when we play together that this doesn't work.
          Yes, the best thing to do is test joining a game where the host knows it has worked in the past.
          I'd be happy for you to test it with me if you are every around on a saturday night. I'm sure others here would happily test it.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah

Yes, the best thing to do is test joining a game where the host knows it has worked in the past.
            I'd be happy for you to test it with me if you are every around on a saturday night. I'm sure others here would happily test it.
            Yeah, I'm usually around. I have ICQ, so it should be easy to find me.

Originally posted by Ming

2x2x means Double Production and 2x Movement.
            Our group usually plays 2x1x, Double Production and regular movement.
            According to the thread you refered me to, you guys play on DEITY level with Raging Hordes? OMG, I can't beat a single PC on CHIEF with Isolated villages. They always get way higher than me...I should find guides about economy, since it's my weakness. I always end up with next to no money.

And how can you alter the production rate? o_0

Comment

In MP games, you have the option of changing the settings for production and movement, something you can't do in SP mode.

And as far as Deity goes... if you are playing against other real people instead of the computer, the only difference it makes is happiness... As far as raging hordes go... we feel it adds some excitement to the game, plus everybody has to deal with it. It makes defense a little more important

It's a totally different game with people vs playing the computer. The computer cheats... and can get ahead of you... against people, if they get ahead of you, it is skill and luck, and not some stupid cheat.
              Keep on Civin'

Comment

What's your icq number?
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                  What's your icq number?
                  If you click on his Icq Icon, you wouldn't have to ask
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

Heh, I just added my ICQ number to my profile, so of course he didn't see it

When you say happiness, you mean that happiness is hard to keep high?

Comment

I've added Slvrwolf to my ICQ list rah... I also told him to add you
                      Keep on Civin'

Comment

Heh, I just added my ICQ number to my profile, so of course he didn't see it

When you say happiness, you mean that happiness is hard to keep high?
                        I know... I was just pickin on my bro...

Your cities have a harder time staying happy as you expand, causing revolts if you aren't careful.
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

Lol, I already have a hard time keeping order....maybe I should read more about "When to change government"

Comment

Working...
                          X