Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember back when this forum was active?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like scenarios. It'd probably be the only way you'd get me into a Civ2 game again.

Although some Civ3 scenarios would be even cooler....
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Scenarios are fine when I'm bored and don't have anybody around to play a MP game... But when it comes to MP, give me the normal tried and true standard game
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Hasn't that been done to death Ming? All the strategies are the same, everything is pretty much the same game you've played for like 6 years now (or more). I'm bored of it....

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

While the general strategies are the same... I still try different things. Each game is still different depending on who's playing. Lately, we been seen more Elephants earlier than we used to... with far more action.

There are some games where it makes sense to rush to HG... and others where I know the best thing to do is create the biggest damn army I can. There are others where I don't even build many offensive units... It really still depends on the start... and that still provides a lot of variety.
          Keep on Civin'

Comment

Comment

To each their own. I still love the thrill of discovery at the beginning of the game... something I find missing in Civ III. And when I get a terrible starting position, I like to try new things.
              Keep on Civin'

Comment

There are tons of people still playing this game. Just not alot of posting. I probably play 3 or 4 nites a week and rarely have trouble finding someone to play with.

Comment

You guys are better off than the PBEM forum.

Its to the point where that whole forum could be locked and no one would probably notice for a couple of weeks.

I wish I had the dedicated time to play MP (which I dont) I would join you guys.
                  *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

You don't really need much time for the games we play in the setting up IP games thread. People get together for 3 to 5 hours with no concern about ever continuing the game... just a chance to sit down and play some early stage civ MP. As I said, we love the thrill of discovery and early stage combat. Yeah, it would be nice to have a weekly time, where the same people always show, and we can continue a game, but frankly everybody has the same problem you do... so we just play a bunch of one night stands...

You should check us out on friday and saturday nights if you find yourself bored and looking for somthing fun to do.
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

If I get a chance Ill do that.

Having a bunch of kids makes it kind of tought though. An hour, maybe two hours. 3 to 5 hours is almost impossible for me.

Ill keep you guys in mind though
                      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

I usually play after the family has gone to bed on saturday nights.
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

Yeah, sleep is over rated.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                          X