Hotseat / TCP IP Hybrid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotseat / TCP IP Hybrid?

OK ive had it close to my wits end so its time to ask for help...

I am essentially trying (unsucessfully) to be able to open two instances of civilization 2 MGE... the reason for this is we want to play a hybrid game where some friends and I share a computer system here while connecting and playing some of our friends online as well... Tell me, is this possible? Id REALLY love it if it were... Sort of a way to get back in touch with some old friends.

At the risk of making a fool of myself (again) - I am pretty certain that even MGE is really a DOS program in a rather naff 16 bit wrapper - which unfortunately means that it is not possible to open two instances of the program - if my memory serves it is related to the extended DOS inability to open more than one dll - but this could all be bullsh*t - anyone got any better ideas?

Stu
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

actually after much tinkering ive found that there IS a way to do this in Xp...

by going to properties (in a shortcut to civ2.exe) and then going to the advanced tick of the shortcut tab... you have the ability to run it under different credentials... doing so will allow you to open several!

This is great news indeed... now on to my next big problem... NOCD Cracking the No limits altered version of the Civ2.exe to make up for my thoroughly shattered cd...*smashes head into the wall*

Comment

Well done that man - I'm sure several people will find that helpful ...

Stu
        "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Working...
        X