Protagonist Wonder Building

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protagonist Wonder Building

In an objective scenario where Wonders are objectives, is the protagonist barred from building them. That seems to be the case, but could it just be a glytch.

Wonders can't be built in a scenario that uses them as objectives.
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

I always thought that rule was a bit silly.

It would be nice to have cities that become more of a target when they produce more wonders.
      http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
      http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

I agree with curtsibling. I set up a World War II Pacific Theatre scenario that I created for my History of Asia, Part A set (found on the Spanish Civilization site) and now realize that I can't build the Manhatten Project, the last turning point of the conflict! So I've turned off Wonders as objectives and resorted victory requirements.

BTW, thanks tecumseh for your prompt answer. I kind of thought the protagonist was barred from building them; I didn't know everyone was.

Comment

If you have the city start building the wonder, then call them objectives, it'll keep building it unless you "change your mind," like the way the Lighthouse got built in the original Rise of Rome scenario that came with vanilla CivII. Provided you have a fairly secure city build it from the start, the city has crap production, and there are no caravans, it'll probably get finished late in the game.

On a related note, what determines the shield contribution of caravans and freight? Is it the cost of the unit, or just a set-in-stone fifty for caravans, one hundred for freight?
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
          X