Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

City graphics: Isometric or Traditional?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working on the first tile. Drawing pentagons in isometric is a real pain!
    Visit First Cultural Industries
    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Some decent isometric future city tiles, at last.
      Attached Files
      There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
      Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Wow, lookin good there. Did you have a scenario in mind for those graphics?
        Last edited by Sarsstock; August 27, 2004, 00:57.

Comment

Not in particular, though I can think of several scenarios that would look better with these swapped in.

Comment

Very nice work - I may have a use for some of the city elements later this year...

If you'll allow me to use em'!
            http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
            http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Here's a little style I cooked up for a alternate WW1 scenario where the Great War is fought between Romans, Moors, Chinese/Indians, Ottoman/Iranians, Vikings and Incans.

I hope to have a completely original city style for all of the above mentioned civ's. This one, as mentioned in the graphic will be for the Ottoman/Iranian civ.

Note the Blue Mosque of Istanbul.
              Attached Files

Comment

sure, go ahead and use em, Curt- it'll be some time before I learn enough to make my own scenarios anyway!

Nice gfx, Sarsstock.

Comment

I'm all for consistency of style, as Fairline mentioned, so my vote went to 'depends'.

And keep those fantastic looking cities coming, guys, whatever the style
                  Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

Isometric are better. Just look more realistic, they fit into the map.
                    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                    Middle East!

Comment

Working...
                    X