City Architecture Graphics Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City Architecture Graphics Needed

I find myself in need of a set of city architecture graphics, for those out there with more artistic skill than mine (I've seen some great work out there in the Civ 2 world). What I need is a Present-Day African city set, something like the look of Modern Nairobi or Kampala, actually. It would be best with a side/frontal perspective, like most city graphics, not an aerial view, such as in Crises New World Order, 2156 Days of War, or Island Thunder, for example. The side/frontal format would just match the other five architectures best (whose authors will get credit in the Readme for the scenario). Could someone please design or find this set for me, because, as I've freely admitted myself, I have no visual artistic talent.

Gimme a couple hours. Which tile slot are you using? (to optimize flagpole position)
    Visit First Cultural Industries
    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Flag position is determined by one of the two pairs of dots on the border. The special colours are very badly mischosen.

IMHO, it is best to switch to the units.gif palette, edit the last turquoise colour on the palette list to something distinct, and then change all the turquoise special value dots to that colour. The last task is pretty easy with PSP's Colour Replacer tool.
      Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

I'm not sure which tile slots there are.

Comment

So that's what the heck those little dots are....

oh yeah, what do the other 5 city styles look like? It'd be good to have some consistency.
          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Here's my cities.bmp (with the generic modern cities still included).
            Attached Files

Comment

Actually, my mistake. I'd originally put the aerial view tropical modern city from Island Thunder, which is still there, though I want a modern one that matches the others. As well, my final version has the Moslem architecture from Microprose's World of Jules Verne instead of the generic Stone/Bronze Age architecture. That's how it currently stands.

Comment

OK I see where you are going with this, will have file soon.

Comment

Thanks a lot! Look forward to seeing it!

Comment

Though you probably don't need it now, here's the updated cities.bmp.
                    Attached Files

Comment

1960s modernism cities
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate this help!

Comment

Working...
                        X