Does Anyone EVER look at the "Descriptions?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fairline
    Palaiologos wrote 90% of the entries and I did the remainder.
    He says all the spelling errors are yours.

Although some of us are hopeless masochists , that doesn't mean Describe.txt must be a magnum opus. Just make 1 liners for the important entries and leave the rest blank. I'd guess that most of this forum's denizens will read the pedia, but hardcore gamers will not.

To clarify some of my earlier cryptic comments, EA splits info into Describe, Pedia, and Advice.

Pedia Entry
    @;ANZAC Base Depot = King Richard's Crusade
    @PEDIAIMPROVE48
    • When built, creates a Light Horse unit. 
    • Every square in the city's radius
      produces an extra 'pick-axe'.
    Describe Entries (first one was entered to keep the crosslinks correct)
    @@No Wonder
    No wonder I'm nuts.
    @@ANZAC Base Depot

Base depots were the main supply bases for an Allied army in the Great War. This one represents the support for the considerable Australian and New Zealand presence in the theater.

~~~§ King Richard's Crusade §~~~
    @@W Frontier Force /Ato

EFFECT: This change upgrades about 8 Trainees, immobile units, into British Inf. Although this is listed as the prerequisite for British Inf, you cannot directly build them in this scenario.

DESCRIPTION: Initially Allied troops in Egypt formed a passive defense of the canal. With the advent of the Sanusi threat, many of these units were scraped together into the Western Frontier Force and deployed in the Western Desert, largely along the coastal road.
    Advice Entry
    Code:
    @DOMESTIC
    @width=690
    @title=General Advice from the High Commissioner of Egypt
    @x=-255
    @y=6
    @text
    Baldrick's cunning plan? 
    @listbox=23
    @default=0
    @options
    Right, occasionally the git has it, but consider the following:
    • A single Gendarmes unit can reliably defend a city from isolated desert raids.
    • Souk raises cash |................................................................................. ALL cities
    blah, blah
    • Redcaps limit sabotage |........................... NOT in cities with British Base Depot
    blah, blah
    El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Working...
    X