No announcement yet.

Teach me how to make my own civ2 page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're as dumb as me, then the Geocities page builder is a rather handy feature. I've been able to make a few satisfactory websites using it
    'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
    - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

I did the same thing as Case a few years back. I don't think it's as free as it used to be, though. It was totally free then. It might still be pretty free, but you'd have to check. I think that there might be an inactivity deadline or something.
      Lost in America.
      "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
      "or a very good liar." --Stefu
      "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

I just used Netscape. There's a very simple editor built-in.
        Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Originally posted by Exile
          I did the same thing as Case a few years back. I don't think it's as free as it used to be, though. It was totally free then. It might still be pretty free, but you'd have to check. I think that there might be an inactivity deadline or something.
          It's still free, but I think that they do delete your page a lot quicker then they used to.
          'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
          - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Thank You all!
            "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
            I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
            Middle East!

Comment

Well, they certainly took their sweet time in deleting mine (archive). SimParliament was still there in 2003, but I hadn't updated it since 1998. It looks as though my Tripod site is still around. Eeek.
              Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo
                There's also PNG, which is lossless like GIF and has unlimited colours like JPG, but tends to have larger file sizes.
                Go PNG. Its (lossless) compression is superior to GIFs. Get PNGOUT by Ken Silverman (of Duke Nukem 3D fame). It can produce 8-bit PNGs that are significantly smaller than GIFs. There's also a link to a tutorial on the page.
                Catfish's Cave - Resources for Civ2: Test of Time | Test of Time FAQ | War of the Ring scenario

Comment

Working...
                X