combat resolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• combat resolution

i know this will have been said many times before but just how is combat resolution worked out??
    i AM the future - kane, undying lord of all the brotherhood of nod

The Civ2 strategy forum has a topped thread called the Great Library index, I think. Within it are links to practically everything you could ever want to know about Civ2 mechanics and strategy. This thread within it is what you want to start with.

Comment

What he said ...

Very crudely the 'strength' of a unit is given by 'Hit Points' x 'Fire Power' and all else being equal the stronger unit has a better chance of victory - equality being resolved in favour of the defender - but as you will see it is a rare case when 'all else is equal'.

Build vet Crooks and go out and conquer young treacher...

Stu
      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Actually, the ratio of the attacker's attack strength versus the defender's defense strength is more important than hit points and firepower. Treat the attacker as (A + (A - D)) * HP * FP, and treat the defender as D * HP * FP.

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Gits
          What he said ...

Very crudely the 'strength' of a unit is given by 'Hit Points' x 'Fire Power' and all else being equal the stronger unit has a better chance of victory - equality being resolved in favour of the defender - but as you will see it is a rare case when 'all else is equal'.

Build vet Crooks and go out and conquer young treacher...

Stu
          ... and one of the more important things that makes all else not equal is the terrain - love those mountains for defending.

RJM at Sleeper's
          Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

Working...
          X