Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spartacus graphics

Hello all!

I was playing the scenario Spartacus the other day (it's by Alex Moor) and I really enjoyed it. I was thinking of updating some of the graphics for my own joy, but I realised that I couldn't preview or open up the terrain files and the unit file. I think it's very odd..
    Anyone have any idea why this is the case? Or anyone can give me the files so I can open them?

The scenario can be found here:
    "Peace cannot be kept by force.
    It can only be achieved by understanding"

Alex "locked" the graphics in some of his scenarios.

I wonder if someone knows how to unlock them?

It would be great to see those graphics updated

Comment

There are quite a few ways to unlock them, but I'm not sure whether it is for me to say or not. Email me if interested, or there are others who know.
      Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by The ANZAC
        There are quite a few ways to unlock them, but I'm not sure whether it is for me to say or not. Email me if interested, or there are others who know.
        Well, if no one else minds, why not just post here how to unlock, locked graphics?

If people change the graphics it will be for their own personal use anyways, so no one is infringing on Alex's scenario or misusing his graphics publicly.

Comment

OK, two ways: first way is open up the Civ2 Scenario editor and edit the units. just open up the graphics and it should create new bitmaps within the scenario that can be edited. The second way is to hex edit the GIF and fix the header. The header currently is "GIF...." while it should read "GIF 87" IIRC. If that's not clear, hopefully it is, it's really not that hard once you figure out what I mean
          Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by The ANZAC
            OK, two ways: first way is open up the Civ2 Scenario editor and edit the units. just open up the graphics and it should create new bitmaps within the scenario that can be edited. The second way is to hex edit the GIF and fix the header. The header currently is "GIF...." while it should read "GIF 87" IIRC. If that's not clear, hopefully it is, it's really not that hard once you figure out what I mean
            Thanks

Comment

Yeah, thanks anzac!
              "Peace cannot be kept by force.
              It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

Working...
              X