SSTO pads, Gravitic Grids and Planetary Bases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSTO pads, Gravitic Grids and Planetary Bases

Is there a bug concerning Settlers/Environeers building Gravitic Grids and Planetary bases? I haven't been able to build any - only SSTO pads. And there was a land connection between the tiles (ie: i wasn't trying to connect a sea tile to a land tile).

JH
    There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives. :)

I'm not really familiar with the Sci-Fi game, so I checked the rules and events files. Assuming that you have yet to research the required techs, then it isn't a bug. At the beginning of the game, Colonists can't build any type of transport site, Environeers and the Melior are restricted to building only SSTO pads, and no units can build Gravitic Grids or Planetary Bases.

Discovery of the following techs expands the available transport sites:
    • Spacecraft allows Colonists and the Nidus to build SSTO Pads.
    • Forward Vectoring allows Environeers and the Melior to build Planetary Bases.
    • Quantum Gravitics allows Environeers and the Melior to build Gravitic Grids.
    Catfish's Cave - Resources for Civ2: Test of Time | Test of Time FAQ | War of the Ring scenario

Comment

Hey! i was sure i had replied to this... Anyways - i did have the required techs. The only thing i haven't tried,is just going ahead and building the transporter anyways. In the orders menu, it's listed as "Build SSTO Pad" regarles of what tech you have - maybe by default it builds the newest type?

JH
      There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives. :)

Comment

Working...
      X