This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry Turtle,

you seem to have forgotten to scribble down my name and e-mail address to the petition, despite you said you got it on CGN.

Well, again: Rasbelin - rasbelin@stellapolaris.info
    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

• Originally posted by Rasbelin
      Harry Turtle,

you seem to have forgotten to scribble down my name and e-mail address to the petition, despite you said you got it on CGN.

Well, again: Rasbelin - rasbelin@stellapolaris.info
      You're already on there Rasbelin. and, uh, it's Tuttle, not Turtle.

Comment

• This is 3 months old, but I want to respond to this piece of typical CapTVK pragmatism:

Originally posted by CapTVK

This idea has been suggested before. A heartfelt piece of advice is in place. DO NOT TRY TO REINVENT THE WHEEL!

Does Stella Polaris say anything?
        Sheesh... You seem to be still so negative about other projects, despite they don't even compete with your dear ol' FreeCiv. I hope you got it from my old The Column writing, but in fact Stella Polaris was quite different from SMAC and wasn't anything comparable with reinventing something that already exists, rather than taking a step forward in strategy games.

I find your comment highly insulting, as frankly the failures of the Stella Polaris project had nothing to do with what it was based on and its goals. Still: primarily we had to lay down due to lack of manpower. Plus other important commitments many of us had. As I have said, we at least showed that there's something beyond SMAC to be achieved and that stellar colonisation hasn't yet been fully excavated. FreeCiv has nothing to do with this. Nor has concentrating resources only to projects directly immitating current commercial games or developing derivatives of them, anything to do with this.

I can agree at one thing however. We did at an earlier stage have a very SMAC related view on what we wanted to develop, but as time passed and we got more in-depth with the concepts, we started over and laid out Stella Polaris as a fully independent project in terms of what was the source of ideas.

Now back on-topic and no more StP bashing, please.
        "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

• Yes, can we keep the topic in sight?
          There is no room in our community for this kind of fighting.

@CapTVK:
          We all know you love your project, good though it is;
          but let us not all initiate WW4 over it, neh?

And by the way, if the CIV2-ToT source code did appear -
          I reckon there would be no shortage of programmers to play with it...

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
          http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

• *signs petition*

Comment

• Colonel Fox has been added! What's your email, we need it for it to become official. You can PM it to me if you wish it to remain non public.

Comment

• add me in
                my email is "broken_erika8812@hotmail.com"
                I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Hmmm, I have forgot to phone Yaroslav...I'll do ASAP, and ask him about this...

Comment

• count me in!

Comment

• I dare to suggest that these newbies signing the petition could be *cough* DLs/fakes/trolls. *cough*

Sorry about this OT, but couldn't resist.

Comment

• only half troll
                        I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rasbelin
                          I dare to suggest that these newbies signing the petition could be *cough* DLs/fakes/trolls. *cough*

Sorry about this OT, but couldn't resist.
                          Ahem, I would please remind anyone who signs the petition that in order for your signature to be "official" you need to include a valid email address.

Remember people, this petition is a document of TRUST between the people who own the source code and the people who sign the petition. If you wish to play games by using a DL then you are a loser. Pure and simple.

Anyways, for all those people who still would like to sign the petition, please do so. All it takes is a post with your email address.

Also, please do not try to create drama were there is none. I can validate about 100 people on this list myself just by the fact that they have a long history of posting on the various international Civ sites. Between myself and the other heavily involved people with the list I can say that the vast majority of the signatures are recognized as being made by real people.

And who knows, maybe we're actually attracting new members! What a thought.

Merry Christmas.

Comment

• Sorry about being late! As explained at cdg, I've been awfully busy!

I'll try to contact the french site this week-end!
                            Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
                            Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
                            POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
                            LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

• Ok cool.

Comment

• Last time i checked i was a real person but i don't know for sure.
                                Mabe i am a fake but i think therefore but mabe i only think i think but then again i am thinking but mabe i only..oh my goodness i have gone crosseyed,
                                Last edited by Broken_Erika; January 6, 2005, 18:05.

Comment

Working...
                                X