The Cuban Revolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cuban Revolution

Yesterday I thought about making a scenario about the Cuban Revolution. Your first mission is to conquer Cuba and liberate the people from dictator Batista with a few ships filled with Castro, Ché and the rebels they trained in Mexico. Once you gain more succes in your rebellious struggle, peasants will join your revolution (this could be done by events) and help you to beat Batista's forces.

Once you managed to conquer Cuba, CIA agents from the US will do anything to harm your country. So your second mission is to protect Cuba from the CIA and build up a rich industry and a large military to beat the US-trained exiles during the Bay of Pigs Invasion. (which will be initiated by events).

Is this a good idea? And does anyone have suggestions how to make this scenario? Any idea and opinion is welcome.
    Last edited by K.J.H.; May 15, 2004, 08:28.

It's a great idea, but I fear it will spawn some political rants.
    Follow the masses!
    30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

Spawning some political rants? Playing the nazi's or the Soviet Union during WWII isn't very political correct either ...

Or am I misunderstanding you?

Comment

Blah Cuba is evil blah....

Yeah anyways, how big of a map are we talking about? It'll have to be of decent size to keep things interesting. Also, have you thought of including any other nations to invade?

Comment

There is already a Cuban map on the Apolyton website:

Also, have you thought of including any other nations to invade?
          Like, other nations in the Caribean?

Comment

Yeah, like some of Cuba's neighbors. They could be footnotes, or they could be objectives of some kind. Maybe even include a Soviet civ that could act as "advisors" later in the game, after the island is taken.

Comment

I'd suggest you to take a look into Jesus Balnside-Jesus Muñoz "War for Cuba" (spanish.apolyton.net->Civilization II->Spanish Scenarios->War for Cuba). It's about the Cuban struggle for Independence rather than the revolution but I guess it can be a guide into general flavour and placement of cities.

About civilizations, I'd include, depend on the map, Mexico (who help someway Castro), USA, Russia and maybe Independents for the other caribbean nations.

An interesting idea could be to generate "revolutions" in other Caribbean islands and make USA and Cuba-local communist fight there
              Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

An interesting idea could be to generate "revolutions" in other Caribbean islands and make USA and Cuba-local communist fight there

I second that. Sorry for my remark, I guess I'm kinda paranoid of politics right now

Anyway, I'd love to see that scenario, and if you need help in playtesting, just ask
                Follow the masses!
                30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

Working...
                X