AI Negotiations Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI Negotiations Problem

I've started playing CivII on my new laptop, and when I enter into negotiations with the AI, I go through all the niceties of trading techs when they offer and signing treaties and all that, but when it should go to the screen where I can ask for an alliance, or offer trades or gifts, it instead just closes abruptly. Does anyone have any idea why this is, or what I can do about it?>

Re: AI Negotiations Problem

Originally posted by JamesJKirk
    I've started playing CivII on my new laptop, and when I enter into negotiations with the AI, I go through all the niceties of trading techs when they offer and signing treaties and all that, but when it should go to the screen where I can ask for an alliance, or offer trades or gifts, it instead just closes abruptly. Does anyone have any idea why this is, or what I can do about it?>
    Are you using FW? There is certainly a problem with negotiations in this version. If your problem is FW, the only solution I know is to switch to 2.42 or MGE.

RJM at Sleeper's
    Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

No, sorry I didn't mention it, I've got MGE with the patch

Comment

I'm a Mac guy so can't really comment with confidence, but I haven't heard of this problem in MGE. Try this:

1. Make sure you have the current patch.
        2. Try re-installing.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Try turning off animated heralds, if you have elected that option.

Comment

nope heralds are off, I have the most current patch and I only recently installed the game.

Comment

What RJM notes about FW rings a bell.

The exact same problem happened to Cliff in ELG #3, who was using FW, so it could be that your MGE or its patch has resulted in a version having the same bug.

Do you have access to the original Civ II? If so, try it instead after installing the 2.42 patch.

If you only have MGE, you might want to try using it without its patch. I have MGE and recall playing many OCC games without using the MGE patch and without any problems.

Comment

I mostly do PBEM, so I need the patch. Oh well, it's not a huge deal, I'll try reinstalling, and if that doesn't work, I'll live with it. Thanks for all of your help though.

Comment

When you click on Game Options (under Game, or CTRL+O), what does it say?? This will give the version and patch number.

Monk
                  so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

5.4.0f patch 3

Comment

Yep, that's the essentials of what mine says. Hopefully, the reinstall will solve the problem. Good luck.

Monk
                      so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Working...
                      X